Has POA main site been hijacked???

AdamB

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AdamB
If I go to the home page http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/
,and I'm not logged in I get an image at the top of the page that would seem
like POA was hacked. defcon owns message with a not so nice picture.

Anybody else seeing this???

Adam

Since PoA came back up, I've noticed it is running quite slower.

Any ideas?

runs fine here, but what happened to flashchat? :(

I'd be willing to bet that the attack on POA came from someone that has been causing trouble in the REC.AVIATION newsgroups. As you may have noticed there have been several of us that have moved here for our daily fix of aviation talk. I just noticed that the AOPA member forums are down and they may well have been attacked by the same person for the same reason.

I'd be willing to bet that the attack on POA came from someone that has been causing trouble in the REC.AVIATION newsgroups. As you may have noticed there have been several of us that have moved here for our daily fix of aviation talk. I just noticed that the AOPA member forums are down and they may well have been attacked by the same person for the same reason.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, Gig.

The guy that drove us all away from rec.aviation is precisely the type who would try something like this. I know our hotel website has occasionally come under denial-of-service attacks, and I've often wondered if it wasn't the Bunyip behind it all...

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, Gig.

The guy that drove us all away from rec.aviation is precisely the type who would try something like this. I know our hotel website has occasionally come under denial-of-service attacks, and I've often wondered if it wasn't the Bunyip behind it all...

I posted something to this effect in the Spin Zone but it was deleted.

I received hate mail on my web site the same day the flood of rec.aviation folks moved to POA.

He/she/it quoted something I wrote on here, meaning he/she/it at least has access.

Very sad that such malice has so few interests or friends that it must continually regurgitate its own hate.

Folks, what happens off of PoA, stays off of PoA. Lets leave the speculation about who hacked what and how to those of us who have access to the logs.

For all you folks know, the attack happened to be a random find from a search engine.

So lets not alienate our new members on baseless speculation. Next thing we'll be decrying the Damn Irish, sheesh.

I hope this doesn't lead to a long thread about pilots wearing kilts!

Back