Has anyone taken the HIMS Neuropsych test?

A

Anonymous

Hello, I am new to this site and wondering if anyone on here has done the HIMS Neuropsychological test? I just did and feeling quite alone in this adventure. Love to hear what your experience was if you did the testing.

Thank you!

Use the search function for the Medical Topics forum and you will find past threads on this topic. Also use keyword “cogscreen”

I think in past 6 months, we have had 8-10 discussions about the testing procedures.

Use the search function for the Medical Topics forum and you will find past threads on this topic. Also use keyword “cogscreen”

I think in past 6 months, we have had 8-10 discussions about the testing procedures.

Thank you for the help AggieMike.

Fwiw, not everyone has to the take the cogscreen. The FAA required the full battery for my situation, with the cogscreen to follow if the full battery suggested cognitive issues (it did not, so I escaped that torture). I searched all over here for my situation and never saw it, so...yeah, that happens, too.

Fwiw, not everyone has to the take the cogscreen. The FAA required the full battery for my situation, with the cogscreen to follow if the full battery suggested cognitive issues (it did not, so I escaped that torture). I searched all over here for my situation and never saw it, so...yeah, that happens, too.

Thank you. My FAA letter required me to do the cogscreen but I must not have done well since the neuropsychologist said I needed to do the full battery. It was a grueling full day of tests and was very, very expensive. Tests consisted of being shown a picture for an amount of time and then needing to redraw it. Several times during the day having to recall it and redraw. Figure out patterns, math tests, word definitions, lots of memory tests. Long day of testing. All for having had taken a low dosage SSRI in the past. Was your test like this? Thank you!

Thank you. My FAA letter required me to do the cogscreen but I must not have done well since the neuropsychologist said I needed to do the full battery. It was a grueling full day of tests and was very, very expensive. Tests consisted of being shown a picture for an amount of time and then needing to redraw it. Several times during the day having to recall it and redraw. Figure out patterns, math tests, word definitions, lots of memory tests. Long day of testing. All for having had taken a low dosage SSRI in the past. Was your test like this? Thank you!

Minus the drawing pictures, pretty much. They required the WAIS-IV, MMPI, and some supplemental tests for me. It only took 3-4 hours, though (but I'm a fast tester in general).

I was about to post what the cogscreen was until I re-read your post and saw you already did it! I actually didn't mind (besides the exorbitant money I've had to spend for my ADHD, ASD, and now demand letter for my Tourettes syndrome from years ago). I was slightly stressed but after the 1st test (IDK if you start with string comparsion or PASAT) I enjoyed it very much. The MMPI personality test actually made me mind-numbing after question 2## and I had to take a quick 15-second break every 25-40 questions. Sip my water, look around, and get back to the MMPI questions. They made me giggle quite a bit with some of the questions "Do you feel you're ever possessed by demons or spirits?" :confused:o_O Uhh no!

Yes, actually fun for me! My favorite was the trail game where you had to click in sequential order A-Z 1-27 or A-1-B-2-C-3, which I scored about a 90%! My least favorite was the math word problems. Everyone hates word problems! Hardest test was the one where the examiner gave you a letter and you had to name as many words beginning with that letter in 60 seconds. When you're not in conversation and someone blurts "Name as many words beginning with 'H' starting now!!" its hard! There is no fluid conversation to follow and words aren't flowing off your tongue.

Overall, I didn't mind. The examiner and I both enjoyed the experience very much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back