Has anyone seen this?

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
How much would this rent for? Would any flight school even have something like this?

http://www.airmartplanes.com/07_PiperSaratogaTC_N436MA.html

Seems just about the best thing I could rent given my desire to travel with three persons, luggage, and a cello!

It is tubro, has G1000, and TKS. The only way it could be improved is if it were a twin!

Seems just about the best thing I could rent given my desire to travel with three persons, luggage, and a cello!

At least you are not trying to haul a sousaphone in a LSA.

I've never seen one for rent in the US. I used to rent a Turbo Lance in Aus, but it was a private rental as everybody down there rents their planes pretty much.

I've never seen one for rent in the US. I used to rent a Turbo Lance in Aus, but it was a private rental as everybody down there rents their planes pretty much.

The only PA32 for rent around here is a club plane. I know joining a club opens up a lot of options, but the deposits are so high as to be prohibitive for me.

How much would this rent for?
Considering the capital investment, overhaul/maintenance cost, insurance, and fuel burn, I'd guess somewhere north of $250/hr. SR22's are renting for like $220/hr, and they don't have the retractable gear insurance issues or the higher liability rate for six vs four seats.

Would any flight school even have something like this?
Most unlikely -- no training utility over lower cost options (no FAA certificate/rating requires a 300HP turbocharged retractable airplane), very little demand, and very few renter pilots would qualify to fly it.

The demand for planes able to carry three people, luggage, and a cello is too small to make it worth having for a FBO or flight school.

Insurance rates have killed the high performance single and twin rental market. In the late 70s I could rent brand new Saratogas at the Piper dealership for less than $100 hr. Also there was several 210's, Bonanzas, Comanches etc. Don

How much would this rent for? Would any flight school even have something like this?

http://www.airmartplanes.com/07_PiperSaratogaTC_N436MA.html

It is tubro, has G1000, and TKS. The only way it could be improved is if it were a twin!
IME, you're more likely to find an A36 Bonanza for rent and most of those would meet your requirements. You'd also be traveling a bit faster as well. The PA32R does have it's merits though. The nose baggage compartment frees up cabin space and can help immensely when trying to balance the load. The cabin is about 4" wider which comes in handy if you and/or the person sitting next to you is wide of girth. OTOH, even though the PA32 series has a rear cabin door, you can't beat the huge double doors of an A36 for loading people and cellos.

Also the Bonanza is much more pleasant to hand fly and about ten times easier to land smoothly.

The demand for planes able to carry three people, luggage, and a cello is too small to make it worth having for a FBO or flight school.

That's true! Flight schools and FBOs aren't really in the chamber music group transportation market!

IME, you're more likely to find an A36 Bonanza for rent and most of those would meet your requirements. You'd also be traveling a bit faster as well. The PA32R does have it's merits though. The nose baggage compartment frees up cabin space and can help immensely when trying to balance the load. The cabin is about 4" wider which comes in handy if you and/or the person sitting next to you is wide of girth. OTOH, even though the PA32 series has a rear cabin door, you can't beat the huge double doors of an A36 for loading people and cellos.

Also the Bonanza is much more pleasant to hand fly and about ten times easier to land smoothly.

I've flown the Deb, and it was a dream to fly.

Back