Harley announces an electric motorcycle

As much as I crack on Harleys I rode a 1200 Sportster the other day and must truthfully report that thing had some grunt. Shook like nobody's business, but it could get up and move with far greater alacrity than I had imagined it could. +1 for Harley, they build at least one fast bike.
My HD Super Glide in not much heavier than the 1200 and has a 1580 cc engine. It has gobs of torque and is as fast as I want to go.

I'd love a bike. I've wanted one for years having rode dirtbikes all throughout my childhood. I will never take one out on a public road. There's no way. I don't want my life to end because of someone else's lapse in judgement.

I'd take something off-road any day of the week. At that point, it's just me and mother nature.

Your loss. Bikes today are fast enough to keep away from cagers if you have the wit to keep track of them. Great way to get around in good weather and even in some bad weather. I've been riding for longer than I haven't and I sport more grey hair than I like.

I'd love a bike. I've wanted one for years having rode dirtbikes all throughout my childhood. I will never take one out on a public road. There's no way. I don't want my life to end because of someone else's lapse in judgement.

I'd take something off-road any day of the week. At that point, it's just me and mother nature.

Yeah its not that bad. I rode dirt and now occasionally borrow a honda shadow to ride on the street. Just have to be very aware, which is easy on a bike.

That eHog looks pretty cool

The only thing that saves riders from witless cagers is situational awareness. Loud pipes make you obnoxious and do little else. You really think they can hear those things over all the soundproofing and their cell phone?
The only thing that saves most drivers is good SA. You don't have to be on a bike to have some fool cut you off. Big green Suburban, high beam running lights, still gets cut off. I added a very loud truck horn for AFTER the fact.
Most drivers (and riders) have one hand on the phone and their head up their ass.

Sold the Gold Wing after 13 years and close to 100,000 miles. No mishaps.
What the others have said about situational awareness is right on. Riding ain't no time to be napping.

What? You lost me...

I thought your comment about appearing similar to Buells was derogatory, and I think Buells look way better than Harleys. That, and Erik Buell has been on the cutting edge of modern sport bike design. If you didn't mean it for ill than you have the apologies of Steingar.

Its styling reminds me of Harley's V-rod. That's a bike that might be better than most Harley's, but it isn't well loved by rank-and-file Harley riders, maybe because of its liquid-cooled engine. Image is everything, I suppose. I heard the Vrod attracts a sort of customer who is different from most Harley riders, and I would expect the same for the electric bike.

I would sure like to try the electric Harley. It might meet my needs just fine, and be easier to maintain.

I thought your comment about appearing similar to Buells was derogatory, and I think Buells look way better than Harleys. That, and Erik Buell has been on the cutting edge of modern sport bike design. If you didn't mean it for ill than you have the apologies of Steingar.

:cheers:

Back