Happy Veterans Day from Amelia's Landing

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
Lots of businesses talk the talk. Mary and I walk the walk.

If you are a veteran (or active duty), your stay at Amelia's Landing Hotel tonight, 11/11/16, is FREE.

Not "discounted". Not "BOGO". Free, on the house. It's just our way of saying "thanks" to those who have kept us free.

C'mon down to the island, mon! You earned it.

232e7d45c8d9a424a5ac5762cfd031dc.jpg

It was a stunningly beautiful day here on the island. We are "sold out", chock full of veterans from every war back to the Korean War.

No WWII guys this year... I'm afraid they are almost all gone.

But Mary and I toast them. They have kept us free, and have allowed yet another peaceful presidential election!
40bf61928ecde1191e227357bb9d84ce.jpg

4c746e32c740188dfbf01d7317c44cc7.jpg

Thanks for the offer Jay,unfortunately too far away for a one night stay,tried to get to your place last may but weather didn't co operate . Sooner or later I will make it. Thanks for supporting us veterans.

This is awesome, I'll keep it in mind for next year. Provided I have my license by then.

It was a stunningly beautiful day here on the island. We are "sold out", chock full of veterans from every war back to the Korean War.

But Mary and I toast them. They have kept us free, and have allowed yet another peaceful presidential election!

Or too old and frail to travel.

I met a Navajo man recently that was in the Philippines. He was forced into the death march, survived that and was then sent to Japan and into forced slave labor. He is very ill, and I am afraid he will soon be gone. He would not talk, but his great grandson told me what he had been through.

As so many native veterans his age, the only time he had been out of the reservation area was when in the military.

What a kind gesture. This looks like a cool place. Wish it were closer

Just FYI for next year, here are the local businesses that stepped up for our veterans today:

- Dairy Queen...free blizzards

- Port A Pizza...free food

- Amelia's Landing...free night's stay

- Moby Dick's...half off dinner

- VFW...free lunch

- Beach & Station...free dinner

- Behringers Landing...dinner half price

- The Brewery...dinner half price

- Fins...dinner half price.

- MacDaddy's....dinner half price

- Virginia's Restaurant ...free dinner

There are only 3500 of us on this little island, but we've all got a soft spot for our veterans. I spent the evening drinking gin & tonics on the veranda with a few of them, and it was a just a great night.

That's nice of you and your fellow business owners to do all that Jay! Some day I hope to visit myself. As a Vet it is nice to know people care. I took advantage of a free haircut from Greta Clips and free meal at White Castle (Krystal in the south).

40bf61928ecde1191e227357bb9d84ce.jpg

4c746e32c740188dfbf01d7317c44cc7.jpg
Looked like a perfect day to celebrate our best. We all owe you a beer.

Back