Happy to Be of Assistance

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
"Charlie" has an aviation club in an elementary school. He's been President of the local EAA chapter for many years. When we had a Young Eagles event and fly-in during the summer it poured all day -- no flights for any Young Eagles or Charlie's kids. "Whenever you want it, Charlie; just let me know." So it was yesterday; and early this morning the following e-mail arrived.

"Jerry, Saturday was a great success. We flew nine kids, the weather was perfect and your aircraft few fantastic. I filled it up and we flew 2.5 hrs. I checked the oil after flying and it was still the same so I didn't add any. If you think it needs some let me know and I will get you a quart. Again Jerry, I can't thank you enough. You helped make nine kids day today. Thanks again, Jerry. Charlie."

:eek:)

Bravo-Zulu, Jerry!

Awesome! Did he send you pictures, too?! Seeing those kids' faces after flying is priceless.

I don't even know who the "we flew" was in Charlie's reference. I should have been there to take pictures but up here on the hill and in the trees a sunny day required attention to leafing/raking/mulching. Very few others have flown my aircraft, but Charlie can have it any time he wants. If he hadn't been otherwise disposed at the time 72Golf would have been seen in the crowd at Oshkosh 2009.

HR

Back