happy thanksgiving!

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I give thanks for my wife, my health, and my ability to fly!

I will second that...

Life is soooooo short, fly now... sleep later.:cheerswine::cheerswine:

Ben.

I will second that...

Life is soooooo short, fly now... sleep later.:cheerswine::cheerswine:

Ben.

Jeez Ben you give thanks for Grant's wife? Whats going on here?:wink2:

Seriously we all have a lot to be thankful for.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Thanks for family, warmth, and love. Thanks for the health to enjoy.

What Aunt Peggy said.

Happy Thanksgiving all. Be safe.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Have fun if you're flying today!

My wife's family lays claim to being descendant to the founder of this holiday!

http://www.history.com/topics/thanksgiving/page2

In 1817, New York became the first of several states to officially adopt an annual Thanksgiving holiday; each celebrated it on a different day, however, and the American South remained largely unfamiliar with the tradition. In 1827, the noted magazine editor and prolific writer Sarah Josepha Hale—author, among countless other things, of the nursery rhyme “Mary Had a Little Lamb”—launched a campaign to establish Thanksgiving as a national holiday. For 36 years, she published numerous editorials and sent scores of letters to governors, senators, presidents and other politicians. Abraham Lincoln finally heeded her request in 1863, at the height of the Civil War, in a proclamation entreating all Americans to ask God to “commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife” and to “heal the wounds of the nation.” He scheduled Thanksgiving for the final Thursday in November, and it was celebrated on that day every year until 1939, when Franklin D. Roosevelt moved the holiday up a week in an attempt to spur retail sales during the Great Depression. Roosevelt’s plan, known derisively as Franksgiving, was met with passionate opposition, and in 1941 the president reluctantly signed a bill making Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday in Novem

Jeez Ben you give thanks for Grant's wife? Whats going on here?:wink2:

Seriously we all have a lot to be thankful for.

I will retract the 'wife' thing but let the health and flying things stand. :ihih:

Besides, I don't think they film the Jerry Springer shows on Thanksgiving.:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Ps.The heck with turkey,,, just give me a 2 lb prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes and I am a happy boy. :D:D

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am truly blessed with wonderful family and friends!

I'm thankful to be here where the weather is unseasonably warm. I might not get to fly during the break, but I am thankful I have the privilege to do so. I'm grateful to have a job, to have two great kids, and a wife who is raisin' 'em right. I'm thankful I still have my parents and ashamed I don't see them as often as I should. I'm thankful I have gotten to "know" so many good people here on this forum as well.
Now, off to the in-laws to eat, and fix their computer, again.

Happy Thanksgiving to all here.
KL

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :cheerswine: To awesome food, wonderful family and friends, and spare useful load!

May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious,
May your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving Dinner stay off your thighs!

Don't forget to reflect on the many things in your life to be thankful for, Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

BTW, the KABQ ATIS runs so:
... Approach, runway 30. Notices to Airmen. Runway 8 threshold lights out of service. Happy Thanksgiving. Gabble, gabble. Comment: You have information INDIA. ...
So happy to hear "gabble". It may not be in Pilot-Controller Glossary, but damn nice.

Back