Happy Thanksgiving everyone

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Well Im headed home in a few hours. Back to dial up internet and roaming charges. So I wont be around much, so Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Will be back in full force Nov. 26th so look out! :)

have a great trip and enjoy all the family time and food!

once I head out for TG I'm barely coming back in time to head up to NYC for three days... a good time to be there.

lancefisher said:
Do you have pizza for thanksgiving?

Well we have never had pizza for the actual holiday meal, although I wouldnt be opposed. I do remember a thanksgiving or christmas where dad got a couple trays of lasagna from the restaurant to feed the whole family. That was pretty cool.

In my world, Pizza is a valid food for any meal, any time.

It a shame I don't have the money to fly home for Thanksgiving, so instead I get to share I-20 for a number of hours.

If you pass overhead, try not to laugh too hard.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ;)

Should we just make this a general POA Happy Thanksgiving thread??!!!!!:wineglass:

To you and all POA'ers -- keep the blue side up. Enjoy the eats and hope all is well for everyone this holiday season.

Even if you have to live with dial-up.

Andrew

Happy Thanksgiving to all.:blowingkisses: I'm sure we all have something for which we are giving thanks! Have a safe and joyous TG, and may you spend it with those you love .:cheerswine:

gprellwitz said:
Happy Thanksgiving to all.:blowingkisses: I'm sure we all have something for which we are giving thanks!

I'm pretty sure we're all thankful to be pilots. :yes: And that we live in an age when mankind is capable of flight! And the prosperity that allows us to pay for our hobby! :eek:

Lots of other stuff too. :yes:

And a happy T'giving to you and everyone else as well.

Thanksgiving is at our house this year, so since we don't have to go anywhere, we're planning to celebrate a pre-Thanksgiving by flying the R44 up to Skytop Lodge in the Poconos tomorrow for lunch (3.5 hours by car, 40 minutes by helicopter). The LZ is cool, a grassy area right by the main entrance!

H. T. to every member, and admins of POA; blessed in many ways - and having you all here to chat with is one of them.

Like Bob, Thanksgiving is at our house. So we don't have to go anywhere. Yay!

Happy Thanksgiving all. Fly, drive or otherwise get to where you are going safe and sound.

It’s that wonderful time of year again that our sons will be coming home, bringing their young sons with them. More extended family and friends will also join us this year.

We will wake up to the smell of the turkey cooking and enjoy that aroma all morning as the cramped little farm kitchen gets busier and busier. More people will arrive as the morning goes on, with lots of hugs with every new arrival.

Soon the old farmhouse will be filled with the sounds of babies crying and cooing, toddlers laughing, squealing, crying, yelling, and the occasional tantrum. The older kids will help watch and entertain the younger ones as they play outside. Diapers will be aplenty and Band-Aids will likely be necessary.

After the huge yummy, noisy, messy, traditional turkey dinner, when it’s time to clean up I will ask, “Who wants to go flying?” and once again get out of the clean-up detail and get to do what I like to do most…take people flying.

We plan on walking the runways, walking in the woods, fishing at our lake and pond, riding the various machines (motorcycles, four wheelers, and various tractors). There will be airplane rides and mini air shows over the farm. Kite flying will be likely. Later in the day, the hot tub will be a popular place.

Just thinking about all of this, I am reminded that we have a lot to be thankful for…our family, friends, flying and our good health. :yes:

Tom and I hope that you all have a great (and safe) Thanksgiving! :cheerswine:

Dang diana, i want to spend thanksgiving with you! have fun!

Indeed we do have much to be thankful for.
I'll be cooking again for some family and friends (so it will be done right) and then visiting some others too.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone everywhere, especially everyone here at PoA.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Just found out that Comcast is staying open (yes, they told us 4 days before that we're open).

So, I'll be working. Yay.

We're moving our data center this weekend ... yay... I get to make sure one time backups are done on 150+ databases on 40+ servers before they unplug the machines on Friday morning ... at least some poor other saps have to make sure they all come up after Mario and the Gorilla Boys Moving Company throw all the servers in the back end of their dump truck and take them to the new data center... this weekend is gonna suck, big time...

We are lucky to live in this great country, have the freedoms we share and should all be thankful for all of our blessings. As Diana mentioned it is great to have family home for thanksgiving. We feel blessed to have children that all healthy and are eager to come home for the holidays. We wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving folks. It's been a good year. Just back from 2 weeks vacation in North Carolina adding several new airports to my logbook.
My dog and me are headed for NH for dinner with a friend. She's got 3 cats. Should be a great mix.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, be safe! Don't forget to do an amended weight and balance after the big meal ;)

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Planning on flying to Greenville, SC to see family. May hop over to Savannah to see a friend.

Best,

Dave

Enjoy a Happy and Healthful Holiday.
- Aunt Peggy

AuntPeggy said:
Enjoy a Happy and Healthful Holiday.
- Aunt Peggy

Happy, yes. Healthful? With all that turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy? Not so sure about that. :D

"As God is my witness, I thought turkey's could fly."

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I better go buy a Jack's pizza and continue the tradition three years running :)

T-day will be rather subdued at my house this year. My boys will be going to their older step-sister's house for dinner, so it'll be just me and two dogs. Maybe I'll get up early and go fishing.

Frank Browne said:
T-day will be rather subdued at my house this year. My boys will be going to their older step-sister's house for dinner, so it'll be just me and two dogs. Maybe I'll get up early and go fishing.

I thought you wre going to the liquor store? That does count. I'll be there too.

Back