Happy Tax Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The REAL reason there is a "progressive" (oh that word) marginal tax system is to impede the accumulation of wealth.

Seeing that the US has the worst income inequality in its history right now, and the worst in the developed world, I would submit that if that was the goal, it is an utter failure.

That's not the goal though. The goal behind progressive tax is to not burden the poor with taxes that would destroy them. Also at some point its more trouble than its worth hitting someone up for $50 in taxes.

Even "FairTax" with its prebate is a progressive tax. Any sales tax that doesnt tax necessities is progressive as well. So is a flat income tax that has an exempt amount for that matter. Do you really have an issue with all of those?

Why would you not pay taxes on certain forms of income?

You want special types of income exempted? Welcome to a much longer and complicated tax code.

Why should items I purchase be taxed? Consumer spending fuels the economy.

And nobody is deterred from investing if they have income tax on investments. What are they going to do with it if they don't invest it?

So how many times are you going to tax the same dollar?

If there is nobody to invest than there is no economy.

The only people willing to invest are the people who can afford to pay the taxes.

So how many times are you going to tax the same dollar?

If there is nobody to invest than there is no economy.

The only people willing to invest are the people who can afford to pay the taxes.

What tax is applied to "the same dollar"?

The Income Tax is applied to income on the investment, not the principal.

And, if you don't invest your money, what will you do with it?

This notion from the Left that the "rich" will pay any tax and
What tax is applied to "the same dollar"?

The Income Tax is applied to income on the investment, not the principal.

And, if you don't invest your money, what will you do with it?

I've paid enough capital gains I know what I get taxed on....the question is why? I've worked and paid taxes and now with the money I have saved I've assumed the risk of buying a property or stock to help people put a roof over their head or grow a business that will provide jobs and therefore grow the economy, the Permanent Ruling class already took their pound of flesh.

Seeing that the US has the worst income inequality in its history right now, and the worst in the developed world, I
What kind of ******** is that?

Closed pending MC review.

After review the MC has decided that this thread should remain closed. If you want to talk about taxes or other controversial topics you need to do so without anti-government rants or partisan bashing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back