Happy Pi Day

Thanks Brook! Up until right now the only thing I was celebrating was being above ground. Happy Pi Day to you too! :D

HPNFlyGirl said:
It's Pi Day.

Happy Pi Day Everyone.

When I was in the hospital for an extended period of time (142 days)
My grandmother came by often and brought me any kind of pi I requested.
After many pi's I requested that she cut the pi's into 4 picies because I was having a hard time finishing 6.
KD

Liz and I celebrated Pi day by eating a Pizza Pie at lunch and Banana Creme Pie at dinner (after sPaghettI), and watched the movie Pi :D

And I wore my Pi shirt as well :)

A couple of years ago I was talking to the coach of my son's baseball team and suggested Parker wear the number 3.14 on his jersey because of his initials (PI). The guy looked at me with a blank expression. Huh? I had to explain it. Nerd humor, I guess.

(He ended up with 5, which is a great number for a baseball player! Hit .813 that season.)

Beware the Ides of March

Not to get political but...

Today in 44 B.C., Gaius Julius Caesar, dictator of Rome, was stabbed to death in the Roman Senate house by 60 conspirators led by Marcus Junius Brutus and Gaius Cassius Longinus.

Len

HPNFlyGirl said:
Len, you should come talk to my history class. I kinda like Western Civ.

Would the Roman empire be considered Western?

SkyHog said:
Would the Roman empire be considered Western?

Most definetly. The greeks and roman empires set the tage for many of the things we take for granted today in our culture.

If you are lookign for a respnable read of the Fall of the Republic of Rome, which is probably the most famous part of Roman history because it cover Julius Ceaser, Cicero, Cleopatra, Augustus Ceaser, etc. Get a copy of The Last Years of the Roman Republic (Paperback)
by Tom Holland

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...f=pd_bbs_1/103-1673594-2924629?_encoding=UTF8

This is an excellent book on the fall and is written in a fast paced style that covers military, political and social issues of the Roman Republic. There are some scary paralells in what happened with GJ Ceaser and current event, especially in regards to the ME and remember this is before Islam and Christianity exisited.

If you like this one then go on to Plutarch and Gibbons for some really heavy reading.

Back