Happy New Pilot Day!!

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
Finally got to do my Sport Pilot checkride this morning. It's been quite a struggle to get here, due to wx, aircraft, changing instructors, and my own slow learning, but I made it. It's been 17 months, and over that time I've been through 4 CFIs, 5 aircraft, 2 hurricanes, 3 major proposals at work, and more hassle than I ever expected.

But I made it!!!

Feels great to put a fork in it.

I'm planning to arrange to get my towered airport endorsement soon, and then get a little experience on a grass field, but for now I'm just going to enjoy.

Pics below. The ugly little dwarf in the yellow shirt is me; others are my CFI and DPE.

upload_2017-11-3_14-53-12.png

upload_2017-11-3_14-54-9.png

Congratulations! Quite the accomplishment! Go enjoy some flight time to celebrate! Once comfortable, get your Class B and C endorsement and you'll be good to fly anywhere in the US (during daylight hours, of course.)

I'm really looking forward to taking my kids up, especially my son. Mrs. Half Fast will need sedation and a blindfold...

Mrs. Half Fast will need sedation and a blindfold...

I recommend some shine!

moonshine2.jpg

Time to upgrade the screen name to Full Fast Lol

ROTFL!

That comes from my autoracing days. I most often ran midpack, so I was only half fast. My crew used to rag me about my half fast qualifying times, my half fast starts, my half fast passes,....

At least, I think that's what they were saying.

Congrats!

And as for having a drink, remember the rule....8 bottles to throttle.

I'm still a student so that wording may be off. But like my CFI says about my landings, close enough

Congratulations!

Job well done.

Now we need to get you flying in the mountains!

As an aside, Knoxville would be a good choice for the towered airport and Class C endorsements. On me if we can dig up a plane - I’ll check around.

Congratulations!

Job well done.

Now we need to get you flying in the mountains!

As an aside, Knoxville would be a good choice for the towered airport and Class C endorsements. On me if we can dig up a plane - I’ll check around.

Wow! Extremely good of you! :)

I'll see how the schedule pans out. I'm having ear surgery to correct a perforated eardrum in a couple of weeks. Not sure yet how long that will ground me. My surgeon is also a pilot, so he'll be careful to ensure it's healed before he lets me go up.

Back