Happy Memorial Day everyone

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
I'm a day late, but that's par for the course.

On Memorial Day, I remember my great uncle George, who was in the 3rd wave at Normandy and died a few weeks later. I recently learned it was a non battle accident, but I still don't know the details of it. Regardless, he lost his life in service and so I remember him.

Some people object to the word "happy" here. If it had been me, I would certainly not begrudge you being happy as you remembered me.

And same to you. (btw you aren't late...)

btw - perhaps "object" is too strong a word... but certainly the Memorial Day holiday is not quite the happy day of say July 4th or Christmas or New Years.

I'm a day late, but that's par for the course.

On Memorial Day, I remember my great uncle George, who was in the 3rd wave at Normandy and died a few weeks later. I recently learned it was a non battle accident, but I still don't know the details of it. Regardless, he lost his life in service and so I remember him.

Some people object to the word "happy" here. If it had been me, I would certainly not begrudge you being happy as you remembered me.

It's today. Last Monday in May. It got changed to that from May 30 in 1970. Go outside and listen at 3PM. You may hear...https://www.tapsacrossamerica.org/

Last edited:
Back