Happy Holidays from NOAA

That's cute. It'd be funnier if they used the correct voice engine, though.

That one is the old AT&T NaturalVoice engine which NOAA may have utilized for a while, but their current system has much better inflection and tone.

This one in the video sounds more like Dr. Hawking's device than the current voice from NOAA.

I got a kick out of listening to NOAA in Nebraska where town names like Hebron and Beatrice aren't pronounced like you'd normally think.

They did a good job building the pronunciation tables for those phonetically. "Hee-brun" and "Bee-at-trice".

That one is the old AT&T NaturalVoice engine which NOAA may have utilized for a while, but their current system has much better inflection and tone.

This one in the video sounds more like Dr. Hawking's device than the current voice from NOAA.

I got a kick out of listening to NOAA in Nebraska where town names like Hebron and Beatrice aren't pronounced like you'd normally think.

They did a good job building the pronunciation tables for those phonetically. "Hee-brun" and "Bee-at-trice".

What? No moose? I really miss the moose.

You have herewith re-certified as a bona fide Geek for another year.

Back