Happy Father's Day

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Happy Father's Day you guys! Hope you get to spend time with your family today (and maybe even go flying with them). :)

Why, thank you :) I am certainly getting to spend time with my family... in fact I got to start spending time with Sean a little after 6 AM when I was woke up with a nice new titanium Remington razor to try out LOL. Kind of neat to be able to shave in bed before I'm even awake! He's now putting up with Cathy's interference in the kitchen while he cooks me breakfast.

..tried to come into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee, was sternly admonished that I was having breakfast in bed, and I'd damned well better get back into bed.

So here I am.

Me. Dog. Wifi 'puter. And Cooking sounds wafting in from the kitchen.

I love my family!

Thank you, Diana. The kids are wonderful, even when they are fighting each other. Mostly they are watching cartoons, which I plan on joining in here in a few seconds.

:goofy: Happy Father's Day! :goofy:

Since I don't have a Dad to say this to, I hope all the dads out there get big hugs of appreciation from their families, a chance to fly, and a million dollars apiece! (Well, okay, the first two might be a little more do-able...)

Peace!

Terry

Me and the missus on the golf course at 7:30 for nine holes, then on to the airport for a flight to Janesville for lunch and back - now kicking back with a cold sangria!!

All in all a nice Fathers Day.

Here's hoping next weekend's weather is as good as this one!

Thank you. I am not with my kids but me and the wife are vacationing in Belfast Maine for the week.
Gary

Had a nice time at our daughter's place. She and her husband had both sets of parents over for hamburgers and, later on, dessert (strawberry shortcake, strawberries fresh from a local farm - YUM!). A nice relaxing afternoon. I went to the Gathering of Warbirds at OLM yesterday so I could enjoy this afternoon with family.

Thanks ladies.

As usual, I've had it all backwards. I always thought of Father's Day as a time when the family shows fathers how much we mean to them. In fact, Calvin Coolidge pronounced Father's Day a national event to "establish more intimate relations between fathers and their children and to impress upon fathers the full measure of their obligations."

So Father's Day isn't about us at all. It's about our children, and our obligation to them. THAT is something worth celebrating.

Happy Father's Day to all.

ps.... anyone know when Father's Day became a permanent national holiday?

Thanks to all of you ladies for your thoughts. My wife and I made it a day of flying and I had my daughter and grandsons call too. Good day in my book.

gibbons said:

Richard Nixon proclaimed it to be a national holiday; and the date happened to be the birthday of the father originally honored, a civil war veteran.

HR
(I'm remembering the above, and sending best wishes to all you fathers, while remembering that my daughter and I haven't spoken in 7 years, 2 months, and 15 days. But, life is full of other blessings.)

Last edited:
My wife and kids are vacationing in Utah since June 1 and come home Tuesday night.:) I talked to them and got the well wishes.

I took my dad to the museum of aviation at Warner Robins Aif Reserve Base for the day as the plane is broke,:(
There may be pictures later.

But it was a nice day nonetheless.:yes:

For Father's Day today, I woke up at 4am and took my dad out for an early round of golf. Good times, even though I only had about 2 hours of sleep under my belt.

We had a bbq, and then he came to watch my softball team win 36-12 today. And my back didn't hurt one bit!

He later said it was the best Father's Day he's ever had. Made me feel really good.

gibbons said:
Thanks ladies.

As usual, I've had it all backwards. I always thought of Father's Day as a time when the family shows fathers how much we mean to them. In fact, Calvin Coolidge pronounced Father's Day a national event to "establish more intimate relations between fathers and their children and to impress upon fathers the full measure of their obligations."

So Father's Day isn't about us at all. It's about our children, and our obligation to them. THAT is something worth celebrating.

Happy Father's Day to all.

AMEN! Great day spent with my daughter and wife then BBQ with my folks at my brothers house.

Back