Happy Birthday, Scott

Thanks.

I am actually at home!!!

I am planning a b-day get-away to your state this Friday. But I will be at the west end visiting the Peabody Ducks.

Happy Birthday, are you flying in commercial or are you bringing yourself? If you're bringing yourself you may want to come into my home drome, KOLV it could save you some money.

Enjoy the ducks, you will be within walking distance to The Rendezvous ... depending on who you ask but arguably the best ribs in town.

I recall Memphis having some seriously good music, and have wanted to get back for some time.

Happy Birthday, are you flying in commercial or are you bringing yourself? If you're bringing yourself you may want to come into my home drome, KOLV it could save you some money.

Enjoy the ducks, you will be within walking distance to The Rendezvous ... depending on who you ask but arguably the best ribs in town.
Thaks for the heads up. Our current plan is to use M01. I have been to that airport before and know it well. But I will keep KOLV as my back up. We are just planning to use taxi to downtown and will be staying in the Peabody. Friday eating plans involved Miss Polly's, music, and adult beverages. Saturday is a trip to Stax records, Gibson, and other places to get my wallet into trouble. I have not decided where we will eat Saturday night and am open to suggestions. Sunday has us heading home.

M01 Will be a good airport for you. It's, as you know, the closest to downtown. I didn't know about tie-downs or fuel there probably about the same as OLV.

If you've never been to The Rendezvous you should probably try it. That way you can say you've been there. Beale Street of course has many nice places for Hard Rock, Coyote Ugly, to BB Kings, touristy places but hey, you're a tourist! Somewhere downtown, I've not been yet, there is a Texas da Brazil, there is also a pretty decent Steak house call the Butcher Shoppe. There is also, in mid-town (taxi ride away) a pub that brews their own beer. I can't remember the name of it, but it's not terrible.

Have a great time, this is an easy place to spend some money in. I'm not an Elvis fan but Graceland is worth the trip, or you could also visit his car and plane museum across from Graceland. Another taxi ride and don't go wandering off the beaten path in that neighborhood.

By the way, I like your latest Avatar, I will still stop channel surfing a while when that movie is on, nice wrappings!

Last edited:
M01 Will be a good airport for you. It's, as you know, the closest to downtown. I didn't know about tie-downs or fuel there probably about the same as OLV.
I have been there before and they have numerous tiedowns. I cannot recall them even charging me last time I was there as I had bought fuel.

If you've never been to The Rendezvous you should probably try it. That way you can say you've been there. Beale Street of course has many nice places for Hard Rock, Coyote Ugly, to BB Kings,
I would not set foot in any one of those places. Those are all chain restaurants and I don't do chains. There are some local places still there, many of them just off of Beale. I'll keep the Rendezvous in mind. Thanks for that suggestion.

you're a tourist! Somewhere downtown, I've not been yet, there is a Texas da Brazil, there is also a pretty decent Steak house call the Butcher Shoppe. There is also, in mid-town (taxi ride away) a pub that brews their own beer. I can't remember the name of it, but it's not terrible.
I am not a steak eater, Living close to Chicago means having access to good steak places though, BBQ is harder to find north of St. Louis as is good fried chicken and a waffle.

Have a great time, this is an easy place to spend some money in. I'm not an Elvis fan but Graceland is worth the trip, or you could also visit his car and plane museum across from Graceland. Another taxi ride and don't go wandering off the beaten path in that neighborhood.
BTDT. I am not a fan either but it was fun. I really did enjoy the Civil Rights Museum and may do that again. We also enjoyed the Gibson plant tour. This time we may jsut go to teh show room and jam for an hour or two.

By the way, I like your latest Avatar, I will still stop channel surfing a while when that movie is on, nice wrappings!
MULTIPASS!!! :D:D

Happy Birthday.
Hope you have fun down here in the "Land of the Righteous During the War of Northern Aggression".:):)

MULTIPASS!!! :D:D

As stated previously :D

multipass1.jpg

Scott, I may have to take back my recommendation to try The Rendezvous. We went to the early show of Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday and went by The Rendezvous for dinner afterward. I ordered a full rack of ribs as did my son-in-law, my wife got the small rack. The small rack was the only rib plate that was worth eating. Both of the large racks were dry and chewy. I just don't remember ever being satisfied there, but then I always get the large rack... maybe that's the mistake.

Also, if you like Beer, somewhere downtown there is a place called UFO they have THE largest selection of Beer from around the world that you can find.

Thanks.

I am actually at home!!!

I am planning a b-day get-away to your state this Friday. But I will be at the west end visiting the Peabody Ducks.

Enjoy the trip into Spain. As you know, great field with accommodating staff.
Tell the ducks I said "quack". :D

Back