Happy Birthday Kent Shook

I'm not sure what time zone that would be for him locally, but I believe its Central, and in that case, I'll wait 21 minutes before I wish him happy birthday...

HPNFlyGirl said:
Hey Kent....Glad you are here so we can wish you a happy birthday. :cheers:

Shhhhhhhhh!!! I've decided that if I don't have a party and don't get any presents I don't actually have to count it. :D Worked last year... :yes:

I guess I'd better do the last hour's worth of driving and get to sleep, Mom'll be calling at some god-awful early hour of the morning to sing happy birthday! :eek:

SkyHog said:
I'm not sure what time zone that would be for him locally, but I believe its Central, and in that case, I'll wait 21 minutes before I wish him happy birthday...

Heh... Well, if I was at home it'd be Central, but my company decided to send me to... NEW JERSEY for my birthday. :vomit: So, I guess it's officially my birthday now.

However, I'm not really really a year older until 9:28 PM. For the record, that is exactly 14 minutes after mom and dad got to the hospital. 14 minutes, three red lights, and one train after leaving home! :hairraise:

No flying or anything special (except being on the road working, again) for me this year :( but I'll more than make up for it this weekend. :D :yes: :blueplane:

There - I missed it because of work :( Happy birthday.

Make the most of it - New Jersey only kind of sucks.

flyingcheesehead said:
However, I'm not really really a year older until 9:28 PM. For the record, that is exactly 14 minutes after mom and dad got to the hospital. 14 minutes, three red lights, and one train after leaving home! :hairraise:

And I thought our son was fast (5 hours start to finish). Wife woke me up, I groggily asked how far apart the contractions were and she said 5 minutes. Talk about awake, NOW. And it was more than 14 minutes to the hospital for us. That was nearly 30 years ago and I still remember that. Bet your mom does, too. :D

Oh, and Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday. We all chipped in and bought you a Suburban. Keys are in the mail. ;)

flyingcheesehead said:
Heh... Well, if I was at home it'd be Central, but my company decided to send me to... NEW JERSEY for my birthday. :vomit: So, I guess it's officially my birthday now.

Hey, if your in Jersey why didn't you stop in and say hi on the way throuh PA?!? I'm just of I-80! I would have made you a cake! Alright with the state of my kitchen, I would have bought you a cake.

Happy B-day

Bill Jennings said:
Happy birthday. We all chipped in and bought you a Suburban. Keys are in the mail. ;)
Hey!! Wait!! I thought that was mine! Oh well, I'll give it to Kent since I'm such a nice guy. Happy Birthday, Kent and enjoy New Jersey (if I can even say that :p).

Hopefully your next flight will be a peaceful, solo, VFR trip to no-where; just time to use your first ticket and soar through a beautiful sky--alone. Nothing can replace those moments.

Happy Birthday!

Jason

Happy Birthday Kent. Head to Atlantic City and do some real celebratin'. :yes:

SkyHog said:

Well it was late at night and I was supposed to be in bed, but I saw that it was Kents birthday and on my time, EST, it was his birthday. :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENT!!!!!

Happy B-day. When you get home have a nice cold Sprechers Root-Beer to celebrate. That is if you can get home around all the downed trees formt eh Tuesday storms.

Missa said:
Hey, if your in Jersey why didn't you stop in and say hi on the way throuh PA?!? I'm just of I-80! I would have made you a cake!

Well, I was kind of in a hurry to get to Columbia, NJ so I could record Pilotcast #40. I'll have to stop by someday. :yes: I didn't stop by at my grandparents' either. (State College.) And now, I'm headed back on I-70 - Picking up in Salem, NJ and delivering tomorrow morning in Columbus, OH.

Alright with the state of my kitchen, I would have bought you a cake.

:rofl: Well, it's the thought that counts, right? Or is it the cake that counts? Or the calories! :eek: :goofy:

RotaryWingBob said:
Have a happy. New Jersey born and raised, I can sympathize...

:D

Bob, I have a cousin who moved to NJ and says the part he's in is actually very nice. However, with my particular occupation, I don't get to see anything but the dirty, urban wasteland part. Well, that and the few miles on I-80 after crossing the Delaware River that hasn't been spoiled yet.

Someday you'll have to take me up in the chopper and show me the better parts of NJ from the air. :yes: Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I violate some kind of weight and balance restriction on the R22. :(

Can you believe I've never been on a helicopter?

HPNPilot1200 said:
Hopefully your next flight will be a peaceful, solo, VFR trip to no-where; just time to use your first ticket and soar through a beautiful sky--alone.

Well... My next flight will be from MSN to CAD on Saturday. That'll be solo. Maybe I'll even stay down low in preparation for the rest of the weekend. :yes: But, I'll probably go over the lake so I can be at CAD as long as possible.

When I get to CAD, I will be doing flying that's more in the spirit of what you suggest, although it won't be solo because I'm not ASES rated. :D The Cubs are on floats, and Rick Durden is having his annual gathering of his buddies to fly seaplanes. Looking forward to that immensely. Oh, and one of the guys imports cognac. Very expensive cognac. $400/bottle variety. Smooooooooooooooth. :cheerswine: I can't wait to get up there.

Oh, and if all that wasn't enough... I'm going to be flying a P-51 Mustang. That's my birthday present to myself.

I guess I'm going to see if it's possible to make Oshkosh anticlimactic. :goofy:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, folks... Now it's time for me to get the heck out of NJ! :yes: :D

And go to Ohio. Woo woo. :rolleyes:

flyingcheesehead said:
:D

Someday you'll have to take me up in the chopper and show me the better parts of NJ from the air. :yes: Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I violate some kind of weight and balance restriction on the R22. :(

Can you believe I've never been on a helicopter?
Kent, we get our R44 late August, I am doing the Robinson Safety course late September. Once those things happen, and I get another 35 hours helo time (which should be by then), I'll be ok with the insurance company to take PAX in the Raven II. TIt can can haul lots of meat, so you're welcome to a ride once those things happen.

Actually, the pine barrens of NJ, the shore, and Cape May are quite impressive from the air.

bbchien said:
Hippo Birdy two ewes. :)
hippo.gif
bird.gif

ewes.gif

flyingcheesehead said:
Oh, and if all that wasn't enough... I'm going to be flying a P-51 Mustang. That's my birthday present to myself.

Holy crap, you lucky dog! Story and pictures requested!

Being from Wisconsin I suppose you eat CHEESEcake on your birthday? :)

I keed I keed.

Happy Birfday

Happy Birthday Kent!
I thought I was the only one who received a singing phone call from mother once a year!:dunno:

Bill Jennings said:
Holy crap, you lucky dog! Story and pictures requested!

Oh, they'll get posted all right... But it might be just a little while, since afterwards I'll be flying to OSH. I should have internet access through my phone, but I'm somewhat concerned about my lack of power until I trade the plane for the car on Thursday.

I'm actually considering a solar panel for the laptop, if I can find one...

kevin47881 said:
Happy Birthday Kent!
I thought I was the only one who received a singing phone call from mother once a year!:dunno:

Haha... Probably not!

After the way the day started... Long story short, truck got stuck with two drive wheels in the air as I was trying to park to go to sleep and I didn't get it out until 6 AM... I decided to silence the phone, 'cuz I knew I'd be getting a wake-up call!

Unrelated, but this reminded me of it: I was listening to an older (early June-ish) episode of the NPR "Story of the day" podcast which was about Shoebox cards. Yeah, the funny guys. They were talking about some of their classic cards, and one of them went like this:

Front: "It's your birthday. Shouldn't you call your mother?"
Inside: "Hurry now, your birthday's not going to ruin itself!" :rofl:

Back