Happy Birthday, Kent Shook

Happy birthday, Kent! Let's see, when last I was in Madison on my birthday, I went to the Plaza for three Plazaburgers and a pitcher. (Of course, that was in 1982.) Hope you have as fine a time as I did!!

Have fun today, Kent! You deserve it!

Happy Birthday, Kent! Go take that 182 someplace special.

Happy Happy B- Day Kent. I'd ship ya a philly cheese steak but they don't travel so well. Have a great day.

Happy Birthday Kent! You're going to have to report in and tell us how you celebrated. :yes:

:cheers:

Happy birthday Kent. Keep on truckin'

24024.jpg

Welcome to the dark side.:drink:

Dark side??? Dude, I only turned 21!!!

(In hexadecimal... :redface: That is, 0x21 :yes:)

Happy Birthday Kent! You're going to have to report in and tell us how you celebrated. :yes:

Well, as the clock ticked past Midnight I was driving through the rain somewhere on the south side of Chicago. I got to Gary, swapped trailers with another driver who happened to be a trainee of mine, and headed back through the rain and darkness. I was falling asleep so I stopped to sleep at the Lake Forest Oasis, which is not nearly the nice place its title makes it sound like.

I woke up and hightailed it up to Algoma, WI which is northeast of Green Bay in Door County. Then, I had to head west to Brokaw, WI to pick up my next load. They screwed up loading it and the trailer axles were 2500 pounds overweight. They said they wouldn't be able to reload it for several hours. I'd about had it by then, and so I told them I'd just drop the trailer back in their yard and they could get to it whenever. Then, I headed for our terminal which was 12 miles away.

Finally, it got a bit better. I went in and talked to Terry, the weekday night dispatcher. He took the Brokaw load off me. I said "Hey, if you want to give me a birthday present, you can send me home for vacation a day early! I'll even drag something down to Waukesha for ya." So, he gave me a load to take to Waukesha and go home.

Me: "You are the MAN!"
Terry (with a dry tone and straight face): "Don't lie to me." :rofl:

I finished up some paperwork, grabbed the trailer, and headed south. My birthday ended somewhere on I-39. I finally got back to Madison at around 3 AM.

Oh, wait... You said celebrate. :rolleyes:

Celebrate is what I'm doing this weekend. Tomorrow morning I fly to CAD in the 182 to go and fly seaplanes. Sunday afternoon, I'll head down to C81 to meet up with Mike and Dan, then Dan and I will mount the video cameras and head for OSH. :yes: I'll be there, camping under the wing for the whole week. :)

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! :yes:

Happy Birthday, Kent!
Maybe I will talk to you on the radio on Saturday afternoon if you climb about 10,000 msl by ELX or GIJ and ask for advisories.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Happy Birthday, Kent!
Maybe I will talk to you on the radio on Saturday afternoon if you climb about 10,000 msl by ELX or GIJ and ask for advisories.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

"Any Apache's in the area please advise."

Happy Birthday, Kent!
ApacheBob

Hey Bob,

I'm hoppin' the lake Saturday... direct MTW, direct MBL, direct KCAD. Are you working Sunday? I'll be headed back down around the bottom of the lake to C81 and thence to OSH.

Hey Kent!
I am near the southeast corner of the lake and up high (10.500-FL230). If you use Chicago Center for advisories, ask for ApacheBob. I will be working Friday night.
Enjoy the show!

Hey Bob,

I'm hoppin' the lake Saturday... direct MTW, direct MBL, direct KCAD. Are you working Sunday? I'll be headed back down around the bottom of the lake to C81 and thence to OSH.
I will be there on Sunday after 2 pm.

Back