Hanger Waitlist- Buy Now Anyway?

One of these days I’m going move, step 1 will be finding a hangar, then I will start looking for a place to live.

Also my plan, but then again my wife may have something to say about it.

Any hangars for sale in the MSN area??

Follow-up. I made my decision and bought the 67 Cherokee 140. For the last 3 weeks since purchase, she has been in a shade port in Dickson TN. Starlings are having a field day..... nasty creatures. I have called every airport in a 80 mile radius of home. At least 8 airports and all are full. Looking like I can get into Hopkinsville KY, 45 miles from here, in late summer as they are building 10 new hangars, and I'm #8 on list. If existing tenants want to upgrade, they get dibs on new units. Then I could move into the vacated T-Hangar. $190/mth. Moved up to #4 on list at KCEY, Murrary KY 55 miles away $90/mth.

But today I scored getting a spot in a group hangar in Greenville KY 75 miles away. There is only 2 other planes in there and is plenty of room for me. $90/mth. The drive....... meh, having my girl in covered protection is everything. I'm willing to suck it up driving wise and I can sleep better at night

What gets me is how all these hangars are tied up with so many un-airworthy planes. It's crazy, meanwhile active flyers can't find anything

But today I scored getting a spot in a group hangar in Greenville KY 75 miles away. There is only 2 other planes in there and is plenty of room for me. $90/mth. The drive....... meh, having my girl in covered protection is everything. I'm willing to suck it up driving wise and I can sleep better at night

Good luck. I had to hangar my plane 45 minutes away one year and my flying *plummeted* as a result. Having to build and extra hour and a half into every flight made a lot of them completely undoable and the rest way less appealing. Hope you have better results.

I was on the waiting list at my home airport of Watsonville, CA for 12 years. I was not going to buy a plane until I got a hanger. It helps to keep bugging the airport manager. Love my hanger/man cave.

Hangars are hard to get in Atlanta, and pricey as well. I hear the same for other big cities.

I may get grief for this, but its time for someone to clean this mess up. Hangar by hangar, if she is not airworthy, get it fixed,or you're evicted. I have been told the Feds take a grim view of the use of hangars for other than airworthy aircraft. That is if the hangars are subsidized with tax payer dollars.

Good luck. I had to hangar my plane 45 minutes away one year and my flying *plummeted* as a result. Having to build and extra hour and a half into every flight made a lot of them completely undoable and the rest way less appealing. Hope you have better results.

I hear ya. But I have no issue with driving, especially on my HD Road King. The drive home today through the Kentucky farm lands was awesome

Back