Hanger waiting list

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
I received notice from a local aprt advising they will be forming a wait list for new T-hangers to be constructed. Applications for the list will be accepted in a one month window only.

I currently have no need for a hanger at this aprt but given that historically hangers have been hard to get would it be a good idea to apply? The last list was over 10 years wait for some folks but that was in part due to multiple lessees holding several hangers for non-aviation stuff, something which will not be condoned any longer.

Richard said:
I received notice from a local aprt advising they will be forming a wait list for new T-hangers to be constructed. Applications for the list will be accepted in a one month window only.

I currently have no need for a hanger at this aprt but given that historically hangers have been hard to get would it be a good idea to apply? The last list was over 10 years wait for some folks but that was in part due to multiple lessees holding several hangers for non-aviation stuff, something which will not be condoned any longer.

What does it cost to get on the list? Is there a hangar shortage that won't be filled by the new hangars? Seems likely if they need a ten year list. If the cost is low, it would be worth it to get on the list if for no other reason than you might want a hangar some day.

Back