"Hangar Talk" description

Or it's just a clarification like everyone involved in the change has publicly stated.

If they had wanted to clarify things they must coul wou might should have written the note this way:

NOTE: Courtesy cars, politics, and religion and any other ex post facto highly charged topic must be posted in The Twilight Zone. To gain access to the Twilight Zone, click your heels and go here:

nightmare-at-20000-feet.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what's worse, this thread or the logbook thread.

Everyone's off their Metamucil, or something.

Wouldn't it be better to eliminate SZ and hold every poster responsible for their comments. you would be surprised how fast this board would be a kinder gentler place.
I think that most of the time the SZ is a kinder gentler place than this thread has been. :rofl:

Any sane person who has more than 2 brain cells will not go there.

Yeah, but you go there all the time. ;) :rofl:

I only go there rarely... Can't hardly keep up with the good parts of the board any more. :(

But really, SZ isn't for bashing people - It's for "highly charged" discussions, but the RoC still apply there the same as they do everywhere else.

As soon as I see Tom represent the "kindler, gentler" side that he speaks of, then maybe his words will have some meaning. Until then, it's just as good as his statement that the fact that shock cooling your engine once doesn't result in a cylinder falling off means nothing bad happens whatsoever.

Yeah, but you go there all the time. ;) :rofl:

I only go there rarely... Can't hardly keep up with the good parts of the board any more. :(

But really, SZ isn't for bashing people - It's for "highly charged" discussions, but the RoC still apply there the same as they do everywhere else.

but that is always the end of those threads,

and please show when I was there last? I believe you have made false statements.

go over to the SZ and criticize Obama and see what happens.

As soon as I see Tom represent the "kindler, gentler" side that he speaks of, then maybe his words will have some meaning. Until then, it's just as good as his statement that the fact that shock cooling your engine once doesn't result in a cylinder falling off means nothing bad happens whatsoever.

Just because I have different political views, does mean I am attacking you. Show me the post where I have broken the ROC.

I think that most of the time the SZ is a kinder gentler place than this thread has been. :rofl:
I think that is because for the most part the SZ has a core of people who actually respect each other. It is only when a troll gets in there that things heat up. Thankfully we usually only one or two trolls at any given time.

Just because I have different political views, does mean I am attacking you. Show me the post where I have broken the ROC.

I never said you've attacked me. What I have said is that you don't represent the "kinder, gentler" side that you've spoken of. And, well, you don't (not saying I do, either).

Happens every day in the SZ. But people that aren't able to successfully differentiate fact from opinion tend not to last long in the SZ.

Happens every day in the SZ. But people that aren't able to successfully differentiate fact from opinion tend not to last long in the SZ.
Or people who get tired of being called names or having valid arguments ignored by people with a grossly inflated opinion of their intellect. Many SZ participants are so dogmatic that it is a waste of time to attempt to reason with them.

Or people who get tired of being called names or having valid arguments ignored by people with a grossly inflated opinion of their intellect. Many SZ participants are so dogmatic that it is a waste of time to attempt to reason with them.

IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bingo.

Emphasis mine. That pretty much summarizes it. Maybe we need to add the butthurt form to the smilies like they did on the Purple Board??

attachment.php

Attachments

• butthurt-form.jpg
    butthurt-form.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 81
Thanks. You guys are proving my point.

BTW, I like my hurt feelings form better.

Attachments

• Hurt-Feelings-Report.pdf
    32.1 KB · Views: 18
You are so right. The thing about spin zone for me is that I like people with grossly inflated opinions of their intellect and people who are so dogmatic that is it s waste of time to attempt to reason with them. SZ is full of them, and that is why I spend so much time there. The point is that if anyone feels that a thread is too controversial to be in hanger talk and should be in spin zone, so it gets moved, who cares? Why do people want to keep threads in hanger talk? Most everyone here who is commenting on this thread is in spin zone anyway. It isn't hard to jump over there from hanger talk and keep right on pontificating without resting those fingers for more than a second or two. And anyone can sign up for spin zone if they are not already and feel the desire to follow a thread there.

but that is always the end of those threads,

Only because people don't read PoA the way I do - Y'know, the right way :D - where you use the User CP to see all the threads you've posted in. However, if the person doesn't "subscribe" to Spin Zone they may not be able to see it any more.

I am "subscribed" to Spin Zone so I can see it, but I rarely go there and it is set to not show up under New Posts for me. Thus, unless I actually click on "Spin Zone" I never see it. If I'm interested in discussing a particular issue with the people here, I'll go in there and make a post, after which that thread, and ONLY that thread, will start showing up in my User CP along with all of the other threads I've posted on. I read those threads first, and only check New Posts once or twice a day to see if anything new and interesting and NOT Spin Zone has been posted.

But yeah, moving a thread to SZ does tend to kill it because most people just don't go there.

and please show when I was there last? I believe you have made false statements.

Wow - You've been "dry" since Jan. 12th! Congratulations. (I bet your blood pressure has dropped a few points too, I know mine has since I quit going there on a regular basis. :thumbsup:)

Meh - Try being a moderate in there. All the right-wingers think I'm a damn liberal. ;) In a way, it's simply a microcosm of our current "Us vs. Them" political discourse. There is no "moderate," you're either with us or you're against us (now where have I heard that before...) so I just avoid it for the most part.

Bulleye, right on the money.

Only because people don't read PoA the way I do - Y'know, the right way :D - where you use the User CP to see all the threads you've posted in. However, if the person doesn't "subscribe" to Spin Zone they may not be able to see it any more.

I am "subscribed" to Spin Zone so I can see it, but I rarely go there and it is set to not show up under New Posts for me. Thus, unless I actually click on "Spin Zone" I never see it. If I'm interested in discussing a particular issue with the people here, I'll go in there and make a post, after which that thread, and ONLY that thread, will start showing up in my User CP along with all of the other threads I've posted on. I read those threads first, and only check New Posts once or twice a day to see if anything new and interesting and NOT Spin Zone has been posted.

But yeah, moving a thread to SZ does tend to kill it because most people just don't go there.

Wow - You've been "dry" since Jan. 12th! Congratulations. (I bet your blood pressure has dropped a few points too, I know mine has since I quit going there on a regular basis. :thumbsup:)

Meh - Try being a moderate in there. All the right-wingers think I'm a damn liberal. ;) In a way, it's simply a microcosm of our current "Us vs. Them" political discourse. There is no "moderate," you're either with us or you're against us (now where have I heard that before...) so I just avoid it for the most part.

It's nice you have an opinion, not all agree with it.

I peek in very seldom, to see what happened to the question I asked, because the responses to it got it sent to the SZ simply because there are people here that can't discuss any topic in a rational way.

Pretty much true, who needs it? nothing said there will change anything except how we view each other. Which carries over into other threads that have an interest by members as a whole.

IMHO it serves no purpose other than to create animosity between members.

:eek:) And what is this "hanger" talk you referenced three times? Is it a new place to visit?

:eek:)

Back