Hangar space in Montreal?

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Not sure how many folks we have in the area, but does anyone have any leads on hangar space for a 185 amphib in YUL or YJN? It would be very part time, but I’d like to find something since the drive is 5 times the flight time :)

Thanks!

Well I decided to fly up and just pay the $65CAD overnight tiedown fee to see how I liked making the trip, also the first time I crossed the boarder by plane in a good while.

Overall it was a great experience, way less time and stress than the drive, I went IFR even though it was pretty solid VMC as I want to brush up on my Canadian airspace a little before I try to get into somewhere like CYUL VFR.

After saying I could take the visual, they had me fly towards the bridge, turn a tight base for traffic and land 24L which exits right infront of signature/star, worked great.

Departing the winds changed and I ended up taxing 2 miles to 06R, number 4 behind 3 airliners, the next smallest plane I saw depart was a dash 8, so not much GA activity.

Customs in Canada and in the US was super easy and friendly, less time and nonsense than the normal boarder crossing, in the US they do walk around your plane with a radiation detector, I don’t recall that the last time I crossed by plane years back, but ok. Think more time was spent talking with two US customs folks about the local area and planes than about official stuff lol

Still got to look into hangars as this really beats the drive.

7_C280178-1102-4337-_AF66-_DA32_E970_B425.jpg

648_F95_E8-_FA2_D-4_BFB-9_D4_D-40_B9_FD9_FD946.jpg

Last edited:
Back