Hangar Space Available

aviationnation15

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Thomas
Hi Y'all. Hopefully all is well. I can't believe how difficult it is to get hangar space at my local airport. I would potentially build a hangar elsewhere, but don't want to build in the boonies. Are any of y'all familiar of airports in Idaho, California, Nevada, or Washington that might be in a more populated area that just opened up additional land where I could potentially build a hangar? It sounds crazy, but I would be interested in any of those places and don't necessarily have anything tying me down in my current situation. Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

Idaho hangars and hangar ground is 100% pure unobtanium these days Unless you are in the middle of nowhere. (then it’s just ridiculous prices…) The new build hangars in the Boise valley are $185/sq’+

I just rented a brand new hanger in Arlington WA. AWO. They are build 3 rows of T hangers, about 20 per building. I think it is leased ground and still land available. It wouldn't be for a single hangar though.

I had the same problem at my local airport in Southwest Florida. The FBO has a waiting list that had about 100 people ahead of me. It took about a year before I got my own hangar but one of the things that my FBO did for me was to connect me with people that utilize their hangar's part time and I was able to sublease a hangar during that time is one of my own hangar and so was able to keep my plane in a hangar at all times. I'm not sure you FBO has the same services. In my local airport there is also a number of condo hangars which occasionally go up for sale. At the other airport that is about equidistant from the house they have a waitlist that is close to six years long. Good luck. I thought about building a hangar at one point like you however apparently at most airports its leased ground and when the lease ends there is no guarantee that you will to renew the lease and evidently if that occurs you end up losing the hangar. They may have this mixed up a little bit and maybe Sonos can comment more on that issue. This is one of the reasons I have not bought a hangar. Another possibility is buying land then a private Airpark or airport community.

Back