Hangar situation in Cupertino CA area

Is there any water in California?

We're limited on how often per week we can water the lawn, but a lot of people are letting their lawns go brown. The slogan is "Brown is the new green."

I flew over Lexington Reservoir recently, and it looked fuller than I expected, but not full by any means. I imagine it will be a lot lower by Fall.

Some places have been advertising themselves as "tax free zones", California is the exact opposite.

I am on the hangar list for KLVK, but I'm not holding out much hope :(

We don't have a water shortage problem we have a water storage problem.
Komifornia has not built a damn in my life time and in that time the population has doubled, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, plus we let over 50% of the water we have flow out to the ocean to keep some non native smelt thriving............
Thank you tree hugging enviromaniacs.

Last edited:
The guns laws are a little different/stupid here. There are a few on magazine capacity that are limiting, bullet buttons on AR style rifles, etc. You also can't own a 50 caliber here in komifornia but I have never had a need for one, 338's and other wildcats work out better anyway. I have hunted all my life and never had a problem dealing with any kalifornia gun law and hunting.

Slight correction...you can't have .50 BMG.

Some places have been advertising themselves as "tax free zones", California is the exact opposite.

I am on the hangar list for KLVK, but I'm not holding out much hope :(

I think there were a few that came up when Ahart went under, but it's almost the same at any Bay Area airport, long lists....

And as these things go, if the El Nino hits as forecast for this coming winter, we'll have more than we can handle (or store, so we'll still be in a "consumption" drought).

And to keep it aviation-related, SoCal folks should avoid hangars on the west side of Corona...

Not from that part of the state (about 400 miles NW, forgot about the southern part:)) I know we send a lot of water your way. Now that you mention it I think new melones dam was built in the 70',. still been 30+ years without an increase in our area while the population and industry has grown tremendously.

Check Oakland for hangars. (KOAK) When I left there in 2011, there were several private and Port of Oakland hangars available. I know it's been a long time and maybe it's all full up now, but the thing is, the Port of Oakland doesn't really advertize their empty hangars. They wait for word of mouth, or people to just randomly stumble into their offices and ask. The Port's hangars are just tiny T hangars called Port a Ports, but they're pretty cheap for the area.

Worth a call.

Because you need vacant land to build hangars.

Despite what people want to believe, small-airport land is severely underutilized, and will generate A LOT more revenue used for other purposes.

It's no accident the Oracle HQ is right next to San Carlos. If you were a county planner, what would you want? A billion dollar company or a marginal increase on a $10 million airport?

Santa Clara County doesn't do a damn thing for its airports, except for SJC. That's why the city of Palo Alto took over its airport. The county wouldn't even fill potholes let alone build new structures.

As for making money, PAO was the only GA airport in the county that operated in the black.

Didn't they build some new hangars out at South County about ten years or so ago?

Back