Hangar pricing

My friend put a bathroom in his hangar in Glendale Az. The county inspected it and said the only problem was there was not a fan from the bathroom vented to the roof of the hangar. He said the door works perfect for venting. He lost, a fan was put in.

We wanted to put water/sewer in but city required that we put water collection system with oil separator for something like $6000 per hangar. Overall inspections and other requirements added 10% to the price.

Alas some of the FAA interpretations as to what belongs in a hangar are idiotic. Most likely my refrigerator and the sofa that is stored along with the plane is inappropriate in their view. The use of a hangar for building aircraft other than final assembly smells bad too.

As long as there is a flying and airworthy plane in the hangar, no ones business what else is in there, unless OKC wants to stroke a check every month for my rent.

My friend put a bathroom in his hangar in Glendale Az. The county inspected it and said the only problem was there was not a fan from the bathroom vented to the roof of the hangar. He said the door works perfect for venting. He lost, a fan was put in.

Any bathroom that doesn't have a window needs a vent. It's basic building code stuff. Can't really fault that.

Dang we must have it good here. $100 a month for a T hanagr, nice concrete floor and electric included with a few plugs. For $125 you get a T hangar with electric doors and all of the above.

Where is here?

Yeah. You've got it good. In San Diego, a single engine outdoor tiedown at MYF will run you almost $200 a month.

Heard this morning skid road at SEE has five vacant hangars. $400/mo. They're large . . . so depending on plane size it's possible to share.

The FAA going about and enforcing the rules of what hangars can be used for has opened up a good few as well that were being used as low cost non aviation storage units.

I keep some "aircraft support equipment" mainly a couple sports cars and like the box of Xmas stuff in there, never had a issue.

I'm all for people not just storing crap in hangars, but if there is a plane which is a regular, or semi regular flyer, that's what a hangar is for, what's it matter if you maximize the squar footage you paid for?

$407/month with the 12th month free (with annual lease) = $373/month.
Daytona Beach, FL area (KOMN)
T-hangar w 1 duplex outlet and concrete floor. SS fuel @ $4.28/gal.

Waiting list for OMN?

KSUA was $625-650 2 years ago. No wait.
KFPR is $426, been waiting for them to fix my light for almost a year, airport is budget cutting, a lot of other things need fixing.

Waiting list for OMN?

KSUA was $625-650 2 years ago. No wait.
KFPR is $426, been waiting for them to fix my light for almost a year, airport is budget cutting, a lot of other things need fixing.
There was a waiting list when the hangars were new, around 5 years ago. I got one one of the last ones before the list went up. I believe there are a few available now. If you or anyone rents one, I will split the referral bonus with if you use my name. I believe the bonus is one months rent.

I keep some "aircraft support equipment" mainly a couple sports cars and like the box of Xmas stuff in there, never had a issue.

I'm all for people not just storing crap in hangars, but if there is a plane which is a regular, or semi regular flyer, that's what a hangar is for, what's it matter if you maximize the squar footage you paid for?

The issue came about because there were so many airports with FAA funded hangars that had no planes or anything aviation related in them, and 20 year waiting lists of airplane owners were complaining. Now some FSDOs have gone stupid the other direction. However an office/couch/fridge is not a problem. However keeping your boat under your wing may be problematic some places.

North Central Arkansas (Flippin): T-hangar with concrete floor, electricity and electric bi-fold door, $185/month. We just had a price increase from $150, and now we have 4 available out of 13 total.

The issue came about because there were so many airports with FAA funded hangars that had no planes or anything aviation related in them, and 20 year waiting lists of airplane owners were complaining. Now some FSDOs have gone stupid the other direction. However an office/couch/fridge is not a problem. However keeping your boat under your wing may be problematic some places.

I drove past an open hanger tonight. Looks like the guy is using it for a furniture kit storage for a business. He has both sides of a T hanger. ****es me off, because I'm in an open T hanger and want an enclosed one.

San Marcos, TX city hangar is 150 per month.... Huge waiting list and not enough hangars. Typical city run business. With 55 people on the list you would think they would build some more.

$483/mo for a T-hangar at SGR just southwest of Houston proper. One 110v outlet and a 220v metal halide lamp. Electric bi-fold door. Relatively new construction <5 years old. Could be worse... I think that IWS and TME are either the same or a bit more for comparable accommodations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$483/mo for a T-hangar at SGR just southwest of Houston proper. One 110v outlet and a 220v metal halide lamp. Electric bi-fold door. Relatively new construction <5 years old. Could be worse... I think that IWS and TME are either the same or a bit more for comparable accommodations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More... I wish we could have inexpensive hangars on the west side of Houston. Weiser has cheaper accommodations, but they're not just less expensive...

San Marcos, TX city hangar is 150 per month.... Huge waiting list and not enough hangars. Typical city run business. With 55 people on the list you would think they would build some more.

Answer here was can't do anything until the master llan is done and approved. Which is close to never.

KOXB, Ocean City Maryland - $255 includes electric and is a new hangar

Attachments

• Hangar OXB.JPG
    Hangar OXB.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 16
I drove past an open hanger tonight. Looks like the guy is using it for a furniture kit storage for a business. He has both sides of a T hanger. ****es me off, because I'm in an open T hanger and want an enclosed one.

Depending on how the airport is funded, and how the hangars are designated on the master plan, you may have recourse to get those vacated. Most likely, if your airport saw federal funding, that is not allowable usage and exactly what the FAA is trying to address. I would start with a written complaint to the airport management, see where it goes. No cure there give a call down to the FSDO.

One thing about the 2008 market collapse, it sure freed up a lot of hangars. Before then there were a lot more waiting lists than now.

We were paying $525/month rent for a simple box hangar when we got evicted by the owner for balking at paying more. He turned around and rented it to an out of towner for $600/month.

That's how it goes when your island airport has just 18 hangars, all privately owned by absentee owners who own the politicians so they can prevent others from building more hangars. Of the 18 hangars, just nine house aircraft -- the rest are full of boats.

Needless to say, there is a long waiting list of guys who hope to one day hangar their aircraft on the island.

After fighting this battle for four long years, we bought a beautiful and enormous, 3-aircraft hangar, with living quarters and full bath, for less money, at nearby McCampbell Airport, just 9 nm away.

Back