Hangar pricing

bugsiegel

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Bugsiegel
How much do you pay for you hangar and what state/area are you located?

Around Ft Lauderdale/SoFla most all the hangars are controlled by Sheltair and go for around $600+ a month last I looked which was a couple of years ago.

$224 per month T hangar downriver from Detroit Michigan at ONZ. Include electricity (one outlet), a leaky roof, and a floor that is returning to nature.
edit: And an electric door.

Last edited:
$224 per month T hangar downriver from Detroit Michigan at ONZ. Include electricity (one outlet), a leaky roof, and a floor that is returning to nature.

Dang we must have it good here. $100 a month for a T hanagr, nice concrete floor and electric included with a few plugs. For $125 you get a T hangar with electric doors and all of the above.

CJR runs around $230 for a basic T hangar. Concrete floor, electrical outlet.

I don't even want to compute what my hangar at NC26 cost me. There's some points to the living the dream that are priceless.

Norfolk area is pretty high: Chesapeake hangars start around $300. Hampton Exec is $450 unless you take one of the dilapidated old hangars which are just under $300. ORF is $400 for a T-hangar. Corporate hangars start at $500/month.

Dang we must have it good here. $100 a month for a T hanagr, nice concrete floor and electric included with a few plugs. For $125 you get a T hangar with electric doors and all of the above.

Mississippi has always been the cheapest state for GA for as long as I can remember, Kansas pulls a close second.

Yeah. You've got it good. In San Diego, a single engine outdoor tiedown at MYF will run you almost $200 a month.

241 for a group hangar at SRQ Sarasota,up north in Mass 425 for a t hangar. Outside tie down in Ma is 190 month. Love the Florida rates.

I gave up my T-hangar when ma$$port raised the monthly to $606/month at KBED (that was 8 or 9 years ago)

200 in the Conay, AR area. Most are about that range here. I believe Fayetteville, AR prices jump. But it is home to Wal Mart.

Outside of Baton Rouge, LA: $193 for enclosed T hangar with electric bifold door and concrete floor; electricity is included.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

$350 for a T hangar with concrete floors and electricity. Lincoln (near Sacramento), CA. There is a waitlist.

250, new large t hangar, power included with electric bifold door,

north New England.

$189 month, electric door, asphalt floor, electric included. Peoria, Il. 3MY

San Carlos, SF Bay Area. $800-$900/mo depending on size. BUT there is a 25 year waiting list.

Alan

San Carlos, SF Bay Area. $800-$900/mo depending on size. BUT there is a 25 year waiting list.

We had an infinite waiting list at our airport until the county decided to ban subletting. If you don't have a plane registered to the entity that is leasing the hangar, your lease is cancelled. It's amazing how that got the list down to under a year.

I was a bit nervous being one of the subletting occupants, but they decided to send leases to whoever was the actual occupant (they open the hangars up in January to figure out who to send tax bills to).

$335/mo for a pretty new t-hangar at Downtown Kansas City (KMKC), electricity and electric bi-fold door. Includes access to a nice GA "terminal" (city owned, not an FBO) with WiFi, kitchen, cable TV and showers. Also has a city-owned self-serve pump with basically the cheapest Avgas in town.

We had an infinite waiting list at our airport until the county decided to ban subletting. If you don't have a plane registered to the entity that is leasing the hangar, your lease is cancelled. It's amazing how that got the list down to under a year.

I was a bit nervous being one of the subletting occupants, but they decided to send leases to whoever was the actual occupant (they open the hangars up in January to figure out who to send tax bills to).

One of our local airports did something similar in the last few years. There was always a very, very long waiting list that never saw any movement; you were basically waiting for a current tenant to die. Then the County got fed-up and started to enforce the no-subletting rules and kicked out all the folks who didn't have an airplane in the hangar (there were multiple hangars being used as personal storage for boats, RVs, cars, etc.). All of a sudden, the wait list is about a year and there's frequent movement.

600+ for a 30 year old T hangar with leaking roof and worn out door that barely goes up,, comes down fast though...:yikes:..

And... A 15 year waiting list to get into one...

The FAA going about and enforcing the rules of what hangars can be used for has opened up a good few as well that were being used as low cost non aviation storage units.

$407/month with the 12th month free (with annual lease) = $373/month.
Daytona Beach, FL area (KOMN)
T-hangar w 1 duplex outlet and concrete floor. SS fuel @ $4.28/gal.

Norfolk area is pretty high: Chesapeake hangars start around $300. Hampton Exec is $450 unless you take one of the dilapidated old hangars which are just under $300. ORF is $400 for a T-hangar. Corporate hangars start at $500/month.

Come out to Suffolk! $230 w/Elect, very nice hangars.

KJOT: $280 for space in a heated community hangar with line guys that will jockey the planes around and have me fueled (with cheap mogas!) and ready when I arrive. Love this airport, the people based here and the people who run it.

KDPA: $450 for an unheated hangar and moderately expensive fuel

MMCY (Celaya, Mexico): $241 (at todays exchange rate) for a community hangar in which lives a kid who acts as security and lineman. I've got him trained now and give him 50 pesos to clean my leading edges and windshield too. Now I just have to convince him that he needs to go back to school and take advantage of the gift he's been given of being bilingual, instead of settling for living in a hangar and surviving on a steady diet of empanadas, pizza and video games.

XSMA (San Miguel de Allende, Mexico): $0, but with the rather substantial liability that the airport has been closed the last three years due to political corruption. New mayor as of a few weeks ago though, so hopefully that will change.

$270.00 at AWO. About 60 miles north of Seattle. Nice metal hangar, manual door, electricity with multiple outlets. It's a great airport that can get crazy busy on nice weather weekends. Known at the "Wild West" of the Pacific Northwest airports. It isn't that bad, but sometimes it makes me wonder. Super helpful hangar neighbors abound at this great airport, and makes up for it. :yes:

Thanks for reminding me... rent is due at KDVT... about $200 /mo for T with electric bi-fold. Includes electricity, clean restrooms, air for tires, and wash bays.

The only hangars available for rent legally here is the county's hangars. About $400 for a T and $600 for a box, both with electricity. If you own a hangar you can share with another plane if you have one of your own in there, that usually runs $500-600ish. We have two FBO's with hangar room, you must burn Jet A to get in there unless you know someone.

Alas some of the FAA interpretations as to what belongs in a hangar are idiotic. Most likely my refrigerator and the sofa that is stored along with the plane is inappropriate in their view. The use of a hangar for building aircraft other than final assembly smells bad too.

KFNL Built 30 Ts with a pilots partnership for around $60,000. They rent for $350-500 depend mostly on having heat. The corners go more since they have extra space. Ground lease, maintenance and reserve add another $100/month.

Last edited:
My hangar pays me about 10k a month. ;)
This is the way to go if you have the resources.

Landmark ORF wants $1100/month to house the Beech 18. PVG is $1500/month. I am going to see about getting in on the planned hangar expansion at CPK.

At the Santa Maria public airport, Santa Maria, California; AKA KSMX I am paying $210 a month for a T hangar with two florescent lights, a 110 volt outlet with about 17 amps and a nice polished concrete floor. It has manual sliding doors with opaque panels for light during the day.
Depending on the hangar you want there are some available for immediate occupancy.
TSA takes some of the fun out of the airport and I have to wave my card to get a car in or out. I can get out of the man gate without a card but not in.
Santa Maria is 158 miles North West of down town Los Angles and 264 miles South South East of San Francisco on US 101.
It is a costal agricultural area.

My current hanger is part of the house I am renting so no good data for you there.
In the past:
$125/month in Fayetteville, TN. Overhead lights & two electrical plugs in one box under the light switch. Electricity included. Manual slide door. T-Hangar.
$157/month in El Dorado, KS. Overhead lights & two electrical plugs in one box under the light switch. Electricity included. Electric scissor lift doors. T-Hangar.
I did not rent, but did look at:
$250/month in Benton, KS. Overhead lights & two electrical plugs in one box under the light switch, but the plug is powered through a 30 minute timer. Electricity included. Electric scissor lift doors. T-Hangar.

Last edited:
$80/mo. Nice steel t-hangar in perfect shape. Cement floor. Free electric. Overhead lights. Bi-fold electric door.

$280/mo just for a month-to-month ground lease. The T-style port-a-port, which has never and, I'm told, will never have electricity or heat or drainage, cost me $17k on top of that.

Yes, it ****ing blows. But that's the price of keeping my plane 15 min away vs 45 min away. There's precisely jack **** I can do about it besides move the plane to another airport.

Back in the day at another airport in another state, I rented an electrified box hangar (which was infested with spiders) for $80/mo. :dunno:

Last edited:
I get $75 for sharing my 40 X 50 box hangar w lights, electric bifold door, and outlets and concrete floor etc at KSSQ (N WI). Other hangars available but no fuel on the field.

Alas some of the FAA interpretations as to what belongs in a hangar are idiotic. Most likely my refrigerator and the sofa that is stored along with the plane is inappropriate in their view. The use of a hangar for building aircraft other than final assembly smells bad too.

My friend put a bathroom in his hangar in Glendale Az. The county inspected it and said the only problem was there was not a fan from the bathroom vented to the roof of the hangar. He said the door works perfect for venting. He lost, a fan was put in.

Back