Hangar Opportunity

Welcome to POA!

I just read your pm, I'll make a few calls this week and let you know. Vince has my contact info so ask him for my cell number.

You will have to join Vince and I on a lunch run!

Awesome! Sounds great Gary!

Yep. Brandywine Soaring Club. They use the grass strip next to the asphalt runway. Very active club with a tow plane on the field and several gliders to fly.

Have any of you flown with this club? I'm thinking about a glider add-on rating.

What a price!! It sure is nice no more bird crap or acid rain.

I've always been in a hangar. 1st was sharing a hangar with 3-4 other planes in an active small FBO ($200/mo), not optimal, but always had some help shuffling planes. 2nd was sharing a box hangar ($300/mo, burned my ass that I had to cart a Cessna in and out every time I wanted to fly and the T-Hangar guys didn't AND paid less ). 3rd was a community hangar at Signature ($400/mo, GREAT service, but couldn't go BS at the airport and hang out with my plane much). Now I'm at JYL with a T-Hangar to call my own. I'm flying 10 times as much. No Class C to deal with, no FBO to call and have them pull it out. ONly thing is JYL is depressing. It's a nice airport but it is DEAD. I've seen ONE other plane flying there in the past month. There's a 98% chance there won't even be another soul at the airport if you show up.

............. It's a nice airport but it is DEAD. I've seen ONE other plane flying there in the past month. There's a 98% chance there won't even be another soul at the airport if you show up.

That sucks....:(

Have any of you flown with this club? I'm thinking about a glider add-on rating.

I haven't flown with them but met with them late summer to discuss what it would take to get a glider add on. There is an annual membership fee to have access to their gliders. And then you pay for the tows. I think, but don't quote me, the instructors were part of the fee. If you are interested, I will find a contact number for you and PM you with the details. I was going to sign up in the Spring.

That sucks....:(

I saw the guy flying, had to go talk to him. Had just bought a 1961 182 that had been fully restored. Only owned it 2 days. He was "re-learning" how to fly. It had a 1961 panel in it. He learned to fly at Columbus Air Force base, and after that flew for an entire career for Delta. Said the hardest part about flying the 182 was "not trusting the instruments and flying by looking out the window" but most of all, it was flying alone. Said he'd never done much of that. I think he said he had 50 hours of single engine piston time in a 17,000hr log book and not much of that was alone.

Yes, it sucks but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes having the airport all to yourself is nice. The first day I went flying, someone came out and parked their car on the cross wind runway and took pictures... I guess he had to seize the opportunity when it came. I was a little nervous that he was there, thought maybe they were POed or something because I think i did 10 stop and gos and I think I quadrupled the "operations" count for a typical month that day.

I haven't flown with them but met with them late summer to discuss what it would take to get a glider add on. There is an annual membership fee to have access to their gliders. And then you pay for the tows. I think, but don't quote me, the instructors were part of the fee. If you are interested, I will find a contact number for you and PM you with the details. I was going to sign up in the Spring.

I'll probably do the same thing (sign up in the spring). Last time I looked at their website they were offering a couple glider flights for less than $200.

Back