Hangar for rent?? South Florida

ZackJ

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
inferno8428
Hey guys I’m looking for a hangar for a single engine piper warrior. I’m currently on a waiting list but be great if I could get one sooner. Either a t hangar or a community hangar works. Let me know if anyone has contacts for a south Florida location (preferably from west palm beach to pompano)

There used to be hangars available at KSUA....but you’re not going to like the price, last I checked were $650/month, and that was a while ago.

Tom

Jeez, it’s better than what was quoted in KLNA - or KTMB— around 1100/month. Wonder what’s causing the inflation..

Jeez, it’s better than what was quoted in KLNA - or KTMB— around 1100/month. Wonder what’s causing the inflation..

Supply and demand. Keep jacking rent prices until your waiting list goes to 0. Drop it back slightly until there's still a wait list, and you've found your sweet spot. One sector where you can make money in aviation. Hangars in overpopulated areas.

Wow!
There is 2 FBOs, I’d call both. There is a 141 school there, plus lots of jet traffic serving the 1%. A bonus is the presidential TFR stops short, so unless heading south you won’t have to deal with it.

Tom

Just called Stellar Aviation - they quoted me 750/month for a community hangar that holds 10 other planes.

Just called Stellar Aviation - they quoted me 750/month for a community hangar that holds 10 other planes.
At those rates I'm surprised nobody is increasing the supply. You can build a lot of hangar for 8 grand a month

At those rates I'm surprised nobody is increasing the supply. You can build a lot of hangar for 8 grand a month
It amazes me, every airport has a shortage. I know one airport built new T hangars and they were filled before they completed building them. I can only assume the airport is restricting building for some reason?

I know at our county airport there is a 3 page waiting list. The county doesn’t seem to even consider building more tee hangers but, if you want to build a 10,000 sq ft with 25 year lease in which at the end of you turn over the hanger to the county then they are all in for the project.

I went through all this a few years ago in south Florida. I finally decided to go to KIMM which is a good hour from where I live in Fort Lauderdale. But the hangar rent is right about $335, and the AV-GAS is cheap. Friendly staff at the FBO, no tower, long runways as it used to be a WW2 field. Well managed airport, they stay on top of the waiting list. I think I waited six months? You have to prove ownership of an aircraft, proof of registration, proof of insurance. No businesses in hangars. No RVs in hangars, etc...
I only fly my plane maybe twice a month so to me it's worth the drive across Alligator Alley to save the money...

KHWO has roof only “hangars” at reasonable $’s but your ins co will prob require moving the airplane with hurricane threat. However, it has the best 100LL prices in SE FL. Hats off to Rotorwash, I get the logic but it’s still a hike. KIMM in the past 1-2 yrs has had the absolute lowest 100LL prices south of Lake Okeechobee. Sheltair, based at KFXE has basically a monopoly at KFXE and KPMP. I was on their wait list for +/- 6 mo. The POC there is Nicole at 954 491 2641. I have rented hangars there since 1983 and currently pay $700/mo for a small T. Good luck.

I went through all this a few years ago in south Florida. I finally decided to go to KIMM which is a good hour from where I live in Fort Lauderdale. But the hangar rent is right about $335, and the AV-GAS is cheap. Friendly staff at the FBO, no tower, long runways as it used to be a WW2 field. Well managed airport, they stay on top of the waiting list. I think I waited six months? You have to prove ownership of an aircraft, proof of registration, proof of insurance. No businesses in hangars. No RVs in hangars, etc...
I only fly my plane maybe twice a month so to me it's worth the drive across Alligator Alley to save the money...

what? you got a problem with vans aircraft? :D

Back