Hangar for Rent at Denver Centennial

colojo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Colojo
My longtime tenant sold his Mooney to buy a twin and my hangar's not big enough for that, so my hangar is now available for rent.

It's a Port-a-Port T-hangar. Good location on the east ramp, just south of the tower. Faces east so no snow or ice issues most of the time. Sorry, no heat or power.

$450/month, available immediately.

Are you the hangar right across from
us with the Mooney logo on the door? ;-)

(We're in the Charlie row with a west facing near the Aspen Gobosh hangar.)

This is why I base at FTG. County hangar with electricity $311/mo.

This is why I base at FTG. County hangar with electricity $311/mo.

I don't want to ruin his posting, but since you "went there", there's some profit in his price. I'm not going into details but the ground lease (while always rising) isn't $450/mo.

No worries, he's allowed (and probably expected) to make a profit on the rental. He's also LOWER than a number of owners have their rental prices set for in the T-hangars. You should see the "nice" hangar prices! There's some over near the Tower that... (whistle...) big bucks.

His deal isn't bad for a rental. Can do what we did (buy the hangar) but it's a longer term commitment. A renter can walk.

Are you the hangar right across from
us with the Mooney logo on the door? ;-)

(We're in the Charlie row with a west facing near the Aspen Gobosh hangar.)

No, I'm in Alpha row. The only thing on my hangar door right now is the "For Rent" sign. :)

I don't want to ruin his posting, but since you "went there", there's some profit in his price. I'm not going into details but the ground lease (while always rising) isn't $450/mo.

No worries, he's allowed (and probably expected) to make a profit on the rental. He's also LOWER than a number of owners have their rental prices set for in the T-hangars. You should see the "nice" hangar prices! There's some over near the Tower that... (whistle...) big bucks.

His deal isn't bad for a rental. Can do what we did (buy the hangar) but it's a longer term commitment. A renter can walk.

It's all about supply and demand. I've owned the hangar for 11 years and have been renting it for 6, and it has never sat vacant for more than a month.

It's all about supply and demand. I've owned the hangar for 11 years and have been renting it for 6, and it has never sat vacant for more than a month.

Yup. Understandable. There's some serious bucks out there. We always joke that we've carved our little "low rent district" spot out there now that we own the hangar.

Of course, like anything anyone owns, now it also owns us... it needs some work. So sometime this summer we'll be out there working on the 40+ year old contraption. LOL. Nothing is ever truly a deal when it comes to maintaining owned "stuff". But it's a good problem to have!

Talked to one of the co-owners of the Gobosh that went off the runway a while back. They haven't heard if it's totaled yet. Having trouble getting parts, he said. Nice guy. He was about to go up in some other guy's SR-22T to teach him Instrument stuff and the avionics.

Sorry. Taking over your advertisement! Someone rent his hangar. Good neighbors are always welcome!

Man I wish I would find these deals around here! I'm paying 168/mo for a tiedown :'(

Understand it's like any real estate - location, location, location. Centennial is 5 miles from my house, and in the middle of a large business/tech/retail area. Front Range is 30 miles near absolutely nothing. I'm willing to drive the extra distance for the cheaper rent. The same hangar at FTG would be $600/ month or more at Centennial.

Understand it's like any real estate - location, location, location. Centennial is 5 miles from my house, and in the middle of a large business/tech/retail area. Front Range is 30 miles near absolutely nothing. I'm willing to drive the extra distance for the cheaper rent. The same hangar at FTG would be $600/ month or more at Centennial.
Also, for whatever reason, Centennial is the only airport at the south end of town. In the north, besides Metro, you have Longmont, Boulder, and Erie.

Also, for whatever reason, Centennial is the only airport at the south end of town. In the north, besides Metro, you have Longmont, Boulder, and Erie.

Only one that survived. Columbine was out southwest in modern day Lakewood and Aurora was at least slightly south of I-70. ;-)

There's also Everitt, but it's Private and you need prior permission... along with a few others down near Elizabeth that are well maintained dirt. And some that aren't. But none are public use.

Only one that survived. Columbine was out southwest in modern day Lakewood and Aurora was at least slightly south of I-70. ;-)

There's also Everitt, but it's Private and you need prior permission... along with a few others down near Elizabeth that are well maintained dirt. And some that aren't. But none are public use.
That's all true but it doesn't help when trying to find a hangar in the south part of town. I think the community hangar Everitt requires a buy-in. At least it did. Besides, your aircraft choices there would be a little limited due to the size of the field.

That's all true but it doesn't help when trying to find a hangar in the south part of town. I think the community hangar Everitt requires a buy-in. At least it did. Besides, your aircraft choices there would be a little limited due to the size of the field.

Yeah it does. I wasn't suggesting it as an option. I was simply answering the historical question of how APA ended up the only south side airport. Others were south or south-ish, but died.

Back