Hangar build ideas

cowtowner

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Cowtowner
My wife and I are making an offer on 2.6 acres of land just off a municipal airport in Texas. The development has taxiway access to the airport.

They don't allow "hangar homes" and the hangar must be separate from the 2,400 minimum sq foot home.

Currently I own a Cherokee 180, hoping to move up to Bonanza/Mooney/Cirrus in the next couple of years. Also will be buying a Diesel pusher motor home or fifth wheel trailer in the coming years for retirement travel.

I want the hangar to hold at least two airplanes (I know I will end up with a low and slow plane at some point), the motorhome and a couple of cars.

3/4 bath is a must and a AC portion for hanging out in the summer.

What other ideas can you throw at me before I get serious with an architect?

Its not a 'bedroom' but an 'office' if it doesn't have a closet. The bathroom is only so large because you know it's handicap accessible and that that galley-kitchen there is for the caterer to prep the food. Who would ever try to sneak in a hangar home. This is all totally legit office space related to your aviation use.

You have to build the house before or concurrently with the hangar. Deed restrictions are over 20 years old, and really killed the development. Only reason we are considering it is because we can make it work.

The house will be 1,800 square foot of "living space" with an upstairs "bonus room" that may or may not get finished out. Metal building structure with stucco and stone on the exterior. Just so happens I know a stucco/stone guy (me).

Back