Hangar availability Madison WI area

painless

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Orear
May be retiring soon and relocating to southern WI. Need a new roost for my 6A. Anyone know what the hangar situation is in Ft Atkinson, Janesville, Monroe or Watertown? Would prefer to purchase, but I’ll take whatever comes up. Sure would appreciate any heads up on anything that comes available.

Watertown, Monroe, or FT Atkinson should have something come up. I think Dodge Co had some listed a while back too. I would look over a few & see how it looks. There is always a reshuffling going on as aviators age & move on, though it may happen slowly.

There was a nice one at Burlington a few years back, $72k was the asking price as I recall.

Broadhead is a nice little place too.

Yes. Brodhead is awesome. I’m building a Hatz Classic, and it would fit right in.

Hadn’t seen you are in Peshtigo. I go to the U.P. fairly often. Have not done the Oconto, Co airport yet.

Hadn’t seen you are in Peshtigo. I go to the U.P. fairly often. Have not done the Oconto, Co airport yet.

Stop in at OCQ on Sept 15th for their open house. I’ll be there. Green and white RV. I’m actually based at MNM.

Why not... Madison? ;) I'm sure there are hangars for both rent and purchase there, but especially the purchase ones are owned/managed by various entities and I'm not sure where to go to find them all. (Google, probably.)

Not sure if Morey has any at this point, but if you're interested in basing there I know a guy who owns a couple there and could at least fill you in on the situation.

Same with Waunakee. In fact, buying a house on the Waunakee airport with a hangar in back might be of interest to you.

Avoid Blackhawk like the plague. :( Very poor maintenance of the airport and facilities from what I've heard. I haven't bothered seeing anything there in quite a while because of it.

There's been a heated hangar listed for sale on Barnstormers at KLNR for the longest time. Looks really nice in the pictures.

Back