Hangar Availability - KBTR

Ketel1

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ketel1
We are being relocated to Baton Rouge and want to find available hangar space at KBTR. Have called a few FBO's and all they say is no availability and do not know where space may be available. Hopefully someone here may have an idea of availability or how to find a decent hangar spot. I checked the on line listings and only found one that was for sale. Plenty of availability at my home airport so this is new to me.

Hangars in Louisiana are rare as hen's teeth. You might want to look at the surrounding airports for better options. What size airplane/hangar do you have/need? Hammond (HDC) is nice or you might try Gonzales (L38). Good luck!

Hangars in Louisiana are rare as hen's teeth. You might want to look at the surrounding airports for better options. What size airplane/hangar do you have/need? Hammond (HDC) is nice or you might try Gonzales (L38). Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. Flew into L38 and their wait list was about 3 pages long. Said something about there are many small planes in the area used for line inspection and that space availability it pretty rare. Cessna wing span 36 feet.

I guess it depends on how long you are going to be around and how easy the access needs to be. Hammond or Gonzales are definitely the closest options. St. John the Baptist is probably the next closest for you.

Line inspection, sea planes to oil platforms, banner tows, fishing spotters, mosquito sprayers... they all soak up the hangars down here.

Back