Hang gliding?

Arbiter419

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CAucker
Well everyone,

I'm a teenager with no money that's addicted to flying. Hang gliding looks pretty cheap, and from what I understand, there's very little in the way of maintenance costs. Is it a good thing to get into? Is it a two man operation?

Basically, I'm looking to just get a little more information about the topic than I already know. (I don't know much about it)

Thanks!

Your best bet for this would be to check out the HangGlide group at Yahoo Groups. They're ALL into that, while only some (any?) of us in the aviation groups are into it. :)

Well everyone,

I'm a teenager with no money that's addicted to flying. Hang gliding looks pretty cheap, and from what I understand, there's very little in the way of maintenance costs. Is it a good thing to get into? Is it a two man operation?

Basically, I'm looking to just get a little more information about the topic than I already know. (I don't know much about it)

Thanks!

Anything that is worthwhile is not "cheap". Training and equipment co$t $$$. But don't let that stop you.

Most things like hang gliding, soaring, etc, is a one man operation once airborne... but the fun is in the "group social" events surrounding what it takes to get airborne.

Find a local hang glider club, or soaring club for training in any endevor.

Anything that is worthwhile is not "cheap". Training and equipment co$t $$$. But don't let that stop you.

Most things like hang gliding, soaring, etc, is a one man operation once airborne... but the fun is in the "group social" events surrounding what it takes to get airborne.

Find a local hang glider club, or soaring club for training in any endevor.

Heh, forgot to mention that "cheap" is a relative term :p

There are a bunch of guys that launch off a mountaintop a few miles from where I live...I know they aren't flying this time of year, but I'm sure I'll be able to get in touch with them.

Back