Handicap Door

motospeed9058

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rhall9058
Can somebody please explain to me why perfectly able body individuals walk up to a building with multiple doors, and push the handicap button, then stand there and wait for the slow a$$ motor to open the door for them, and then do it again on the interior door and wait again........when they just as easily could have opened 1 of the numerous other doors and walked right through in half the time. I just don't get it. It's not like their hands were full, or heaven forbid, they were actually handicapped. NO! :no: They were healthy, walking at regular speed, talking with their hands people.

And if we really want to get down to specifics, what about the rest of the morons that were following that one person in, and proceeded to stand behind them while waiting for said door to open as if that was the only door available to go in. THERE ARE 10 OTHER DOORS PEOPLE!!! :mad2: PICK ONE!!

Lazy? Stupid?

All of the above?

What's pathetic is I see people doing that at the gym! They can't spend the extra ten calories before their workout to open the door themselves, they push the handicap button. I just can't believe it every time I see it.

What's pathetic is I see people doing that at the gym! They can't spend the extra ten calories before their workout to open the door themselves, they push the handicap button. I just can't believe it every time I see it.
Naw what is really pathetic is watching other people getting upset about what other people do or do not do.

There are many people among us that have problems that are not apparent to the casual observer. Those people are unfortunate in that not only do they have physical problems, that more often than not, involve a great deal of pain, they must also bear the scorn of others around them.

Using a handicapped parking space, or possibly the door that seems to be causing so much angst, can lead to not only lectures and "the look" but actually being spit on and yelled at by those with more obvious handicaps.

John

Its just amazing technology folks. Why take the stairs when you can take an elevator? Why open the door if the machine will do it for you? Why exercise when you can get liposuction and surgery to fix your clogged arteries?

Why bother with VOR's when my iphone does a better job navigating?

There are many people among us that have problems that are not apparent to the casual observer. Those people are unfortunate in that not only do they have physical problems, that more often than not, involve a great deal of pain, they must also bear the scorn of others around them.

Using a handicapped parking space, or possibly the door that seems to be causing so much angst, can lead to not only lectures and "the look" but actually being spit on and yelled at by those with more obvious handicaps.

John

I had a great experience in the ER one time. Came in with a visibly broken collarbone. The triage nurse took one look at it and said "yup, that's broken". Waited an hour.. Then this obese woman comes in, wailing and howling at the top of her lungs about her ankle. She is seen by the docs in less than 30 minutes, while I waited an additional hour. "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". lesson learned.

Last edited:
I had a great experience in the ER one time. Came in with a visibly broken collarbone. The triage nurse took one look at it and said "yup, that's broken". Waited an hour.. Then this obese woman comes in, wailing and howling at the top of her lungs about her ankle. She is seen by the docs in less than 30 minutes, while I waited an additional hour. "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". lesson learned.

Not always. Sometimes saying magic words gets the attention of the triage nurse. Complaining about pain when breathing after a fall (I didn't use the phrase "chest pain) got me to the head of the line one evening. I was not in distress but did end up in the OR once the surgeon was available and everything was ready.

Can somebody please explain to me why perfectly able body individuals walk up to a building with multiple doors, and push the handicap button, then stand there and wait for the slow a$$ motor to open the door for them, and then do it again on the interior door and wait again........when they just as easily could have opened 1 of the numerous other doors and walked right through in half the time. I just don't get it....

Some of those motorized doors are actually harder to open than a regular door.

When I was recovering from surgery back in '06, I could walk fine, but the motion required to open a door would hurt and I would use the automatic doors when possible. So, not everyone using the buttons are lazy

attachment.php

What?

Attachments

• This%20must%20be%20America!.jpg
    This%20must%20be%20America!.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 41
That photo is awesome.

Oh and I use the handicap door if my hands are full of boxes or I otherwise can't pull the door without putting a bunch of stuff down. And I'm not handicapped.

Back