Hand Rests

JohnAJohnson

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JohnAJohnson
Anyone know where I can get these braces? I'm looking for various sizes.

Starlifter.jpg

Last edited:
You can get the first one right from the manufacturer, but I have no idea where you’ll find the second one.

That’s some serious hardware (no pun). What are you flying?

That's not my plane. The picture is a C-141. I will be building a panel and remembered how useful those were and wanted to install the same type of bracket on mine below radios, etc.

Useful for what exactly? I'm trying to figure out why I would want to extend my arm all the way to the panel and leave it there. My right hand usually sits in my lap once in cruise.

That's not my plane. The picture is a C-141. I will be building a panel and remembered how useful those were and wanted to install the same type of bracket on mine below radios, etc.
You probably know this already but just in case - home built panels are typically light weight and require additional bracing just to support the instruments. Adding a grab handle to the panel seems like to would take extra reinforcing in an area that is typically quite congested. I added grab handles on my plane but put them on the turtle deck where it was easier to install extra L angles directly under the sheet metal and connect back to the firewall.

Good info Gary. Thank you.

You probably know this already but just in case - home built panels are typically light weight and require additional bracing just to support the instruments. Adding a grab handle to the panel seems like to would take extra reinforcing in an area that is typically quite congested. I added grab handles on my plane but put them on the turtle deck where it was easier to install extra L angles directly under the sheet metal and connect back to the firewall.

I have a lot of flying hours in the back of a C-141. You must have the only one still flying.

1200px-USAF_Lockheed_C-141C_Starlifter_65-0248.jpg

;)

Na, my avatar (a Kiwi) says what I'm flying these days :)

Hopefully that will change in a couple of weeks, depending on a prepurchase inspection.

Back