Halo aux input question

exncsurfer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
exncsurfer
Anyone use the aux input on the Halo for music? Does it 'duck' the music(lower the volume) when you talk or ATC transmits? Or is it just a simple mix in audio?

It just simple mix-in audio, no muting, etc. But beware, at least in my setup (with a Sigtronics SPA400 built-in intercom), the audio bleeds over to the other headsets, albeit at a low level. In other words, with my iPhone plugged into the Halo, my passengers can hear faint music in their headsets. This *shouldn't* happen, but the guy at QT blames my intercom, and the intercom guy blames the way the Halo aux input is wired. Haven't tried it in another airplane with a different intercom to say for sure.

It just simple mix-in audio, no muting, etc. But beware, at least in my setup (with a Sigtronics SPA400 built-in intercom), the audio bleeds over to the other headsets, albeit at a low level. In other words, with my iPhone plugged into the Halo, my passengers can hear faint music in their headsets. This *shouldn't* happen, but the guy at QT blames my intercom, and the intercom guy blames the way the Halo aux input is wired. Haven't tried it in another airplane with a different intercom to say for sure.
Thanks for the info. Hmm, I don't know if I'd want to use it in that config and possibly miss a radio transmission. I guess if you keep your music volume low enough it might not be a factor. Still a student pilot so I'm not that brave about 'adding things'. :)

I added this to my Halo setup and now think they're pretty perfect:

http://www.pilotblulink.com/

I can listen to music (and it mutes on radio transmission) and also make a phone call from the cockpit (which is useful when picking up an IFR clearance at an uncontrolled airport).

Side note: Based on the photos, I'm pretty sure that's the same solution Clarity Aloft uses for their Bluetooth headsets.

Side note: Based on the photos, I'm pretty sure that's the same solution Clarity Aloft uses for their Bluetooth headsets.

You're correct, it is the same solution they use. I've got a wired music input passthrough that I use occasionally, but the wiring on it's pretty shot (the covering peeled back from most of the wires) so I don't like using it. Probably the reason it doesn't appear to be available for purchase any longer.

Back