Hair Loss

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Well, today was the day that my niece lost her hair. She had been losing a little bit of it as time went on, but today, she woke up will a pillow full of hair, and nothing on her head.

She still looks gorgeous, but I decided to shave my head and face in sympathy for her. She can't have hair, neither can I. While she looks gorgeous, I look like a monster that women and children should run from.

This certainly won't help me find Mrs. Brennan.

awwwwwwwwwwwww, poor thing. very nice of you to do that with her. she will remember this always.

Kind of like a picture you'd find in the Post Office. Actually, you look good. At least you didn't keep the tiny whisper of hair on your chin.

It's a very nice thing you do for your niece. You're a good man.

Nick if laughter is truly the best medicine, send her a photo of you and she will be 1/2 way to a cure. Good on you for your stead fast support for your neice. It will help her and she will remember it for years to come. Kids love crazy older uncles and cousins!! Wishing you CAVU and your neice a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
AdamZ said:
Nick if laughter is truly the best medicine, send her a photo of you and she will be 1/2 way to a cure. Good on you for your stead fast support for your neice. It will help her and she will remember it for years to come. Kids love crazy older uncles and cousins!! Wishing you CVAU and your neice a speedy recovery.
Now say a short prayer that she should not be nauseated....

NickDBrennan said:
Well, today was the day that my niece lost her hair. She had been losing a little bit of it as time went on, but today, she woke up will a pillow full of hair, and nothing on her head.

She still looks gorgeous, but I decided to shave my head and face in sympathy for her. She can't have hair, neither can I. While she looks gorgeous, I look like a monster that women and children should run from.

Arrrrgghhhh! :hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise:

You're a sweetheart, Nick. I hope for the rest of the world's sake, as well as hers, that she gets well fast and you can regrow your hair together. ;)

Judy

P.S. You forgot your eyebrows.

P.P.S. Don't listen to me--I'm in a silly mood. :goofy:

Nick

You are quite a guy! The future Mrs. Brennan will be a lucky gal.
I'm praying for your niece,
Elizabeth

Thats too sweet Nick!

A friend of mine does this (shaves her head) every St. Patricks day at a local Irish pub as part of the St. Baldrick's foundation. It's a charity group raising money for children's cancer research:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/

My employer isn't too keen on my shaving my head, but I donate every year and attend the function to watch them "Take a wee bit off the top". It's a lot of fun, and a for a great cause.

NickDBrennan said:

Nick, it's the little things that people don't expect that do the most good. Good gestures return far more than the effort.

Good on you for all the support to her at this time. I am certain that it means more than you will ever know.

That was a lovely gesture, Nick, and I agree you should send her a picture. The future Mrs Brennan isn't going to be concerned about what's outside--and if she is, she isn't worth your time.

terry

NickDBrennan said:

Noo I don't agree with all the others! Don't send her that picture... take one where you are smiling or making a silly face and send it to her! You look a bit depressed in the picture and I'm sure she doesn't need anymore depressed looking people around her.

As far as the mysterious future Mrs. Brennan goes, she's the one that thinks your heart is as beautiful as your cute bald head! :p

Missa
:cheerswine: Toast to your good heart!

NickDBrennan said:
...This certainly won't help me find Mrs. Brennan.

Unless the potential Mrs. B finds out *why* you're bald.

Then, you'll be beating them off with sticks!

By the way, my wife has this irrational urge to run up and plant big, lipstick smackers on top of the heads of baldies. Not sure what to think about that...

...other than: "Keep away from my wife!"

==

Prayers with you and your niece...

/s/ Spike

terzap said:
The future Mrs Brennan isn't going to be concerned about what's outside--and if she is, she isn't worth your time.

terry

My thought EXACTLY.

Judy

Back