Hail damage?

kruiser

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
kruiser
Barnstormers C-172 with hail damage. Asking $28,500 and paint/interior look real nice. AOPA Vref price is $33,600. So, how much would hail damage effect price? (It's appears pretty bad on the wings) thanks.

Barnstormers C-172 with hail damage. Asking $28,500 and paint/interior look real nice. AOPA Vref price is $33,600. So, how much would hail damage effect price? (It's appears pretty bad on the wings) thanks.

Consider it the 'golf ball effect"..
If the rest of the plane is in good shape,

I would offer 22 grand or so and let the dickering begin,,....

It's a tough call, it depends how much resale plays in your picture. Hail doesn't have any real negative affect, and may even prove a slight positive aerodynamically, but it is damage, it is ugly, and people don't like to buy it if they have a better choice, so you will again have to sell it at the bottom of the market. The risk is the market dropping any further and rendering this plane worth <$10k, or even unsellable.

This plane would need a low time engine and a nice panel for me to buy the airframe at that price.

I started a similar thread last spring on by hail damaged 182. Mid-60s for asking $42k.

1200 on motor.

I noticed it is still for sale. People seem to not want to buy it, and the damage was repaired.

I would guess the discount needs to be $10k over an equal, non hail damaged.

Back