Had to let my little buddy go

David_L_Wilson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
David L Wilson
Well, I gave my Pug Trickie Woo back to the breeder Saturday. It really broke my heart but he had no quality of life living with me. I work too much and seldom had time to give him the attention he needed. Brenda says he is doing fine and getting along with her other Pugs. He follows her everywhere she says. They plan to keep him which I think is wonderful. She really loves Pugs and is a responsible breeder, not a "puppy mill" like some are.

Goodbye little friend.

Attachments

• Trickie_Woo.jpg
    Trickie_Woo.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 50
Sorry to hear that Dave. Glad that it worked out with the breeder. Not all breeders will do that.

Good for you for making a wise and unselfish decision. We got my boy dog Kurzon that way, his owner worked constantly and didn't have the time for him. He's my pal and has had a much better life with us, in my very humble and obviously unbiased opinion.

Last edited:
Wow, David. I read the thread title and got a sinking feeling! Glad it wasn't what I feared! I know that there's no way my schedule would let me care for a dog. Luckily, our cat is a little more independent!

Wow, David. I read the thread title and got a sinking feeling! Glad it wasn't what I feared! I know that there's no way my schedule would let me care for a dog. Luckily, our cat is a little more independent!

I still have a great big male Siamese cat who is a big cuddly bear. He always sits on my lap when he can. It has eased my pain somewhat, not coming home to an empty house.

At least he didn't die. We have had a few pet loses here lately. I'm sure giving up a pet is not easy and you did the right thing. That option is not always available. Now you can be at peace knowing your pet will be well taken care of.

Maybe now you'll have more time to clean your car??

I'm kidding. That stinks. What a cute dog.

He's a cute little guy.

I guess you are a fan of James Herriott...

Yes I have read most of his books. Trickie was a good little fellow. It took a few days to let is sink in. I would come home and start unconsiously looking for him. When I remembered it would make me sad. However, I think I will go visit him this weekend.

I think I will go visit him this weekend.

That's the ticket! Hopefully your occasional visits combined with knowing the dog is better off will be satisfying enough.

My mother (who adored all almost all animals although I do remember some complaints about rabbits eating her flowers) gave up her 6 year old cat she had since it was a kitten. She and my Dad were traveling by motorhome a lot and were afraid to take the kitten along (a dog would have worked out a lot better) so she gave the cat to a neighbor at home who had been caring for it when they were away. This cat was quite dog like in that it had bonded completely with my mom and basically followed her everywhere it could and always wanted her attention so it had to be quite heart wrenching to give it up. But like you she got along with occasional visits for the rest of the cat's long life.

Back