GX60 Battery

ktwelsh

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ktwelsh
Hello All,

Does anyone have experience with replacing the battery in a Apollo (Garmin) GX60? After getting the "internal battery failure" error and losing my stored flight plans, I pulled the old battery, which was a Panasonic BR-2/3a 3v, and replaced it with a new identical battery. However, almost immediately, I got the very same error and once again lost my stored plans. I've repeated this now twice, each time with new a Panasonic battery (from a different source this time) and verified the voltage on a voltmeter before installing, yet the error/loss of stored data persists. Any clues?

I replaced the battery in my GX50 with a 123A lithium, (Duracell, I think), but got none of those messages. How long did you leave it powered down? It loses your newly created, post battery plans?

It loses memory and reports the battery error within days of installing a new battery -- and yes, my 'post replacement' plans are gone. The original factory battery was the Panasonic I mentioned -- not only was it the original one I pulled, but I have seen pictures from others showing the same battery. The difference between the 123A and the BR-2/3A seems only to be that the former is 1550 mAh while the latter is 1200 mAh -- I believe that refers only to the capacity and shouldn't be harmful to try a 123A. I guess I can give it a shot...

Back