Guys Plz (SIC requirements Part 91 & 135)

AL-MEHDAR

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SAUDI PILOT
Hello Captains
My name is OMAR. I am SAUDI nationality. I graduated from Philippines AUG 2009. I have CPL/IR (294 total flying hours) (244 single engine + 50 mulit engine) C-152, C-172 & PA 34-200.

Now, I am doing my SAUDI license conversion (GACA).

I would ask about SIC (first officer) minimum requirements for part 91 & 135.

What is the difference between those parts? Coz I got a problem now I can't find any work . So, I am trying to fly as SIC in a privet or commercial jets ( like HAWKER 850XP or FALCON 900 or Gulfstream G4 .....etc). Please what is the best way and the fastest way to start fly under correct condition FAR/AIM with less spending money?
I am ask you guys based on your experience.
Finally, I am so sorry if my language isn't good enough.
regards

Part 91 regulates all non air-carrier and charter movement of aircraft in the US, whereas Part 135 regulates on demand and scheduled charter. There are no regulatory time requirements for either Part 91 or Part 135 for SIC, but companies will more than likely hold some sort of published or unpublished minimums. These days, you probably won't find a good corporate gig on a Hawker or Falcon or Gulfstream with less than 2000 total and 500 multi PIC, but YMMV.

Actually, the basic requirements to act as a SIC under Part 91 are not in Part 91 -- they're in Part 61, specifically 61.55 in your FAR/AIM book. That's the regulatory issue.

The practical problem is that companies in the USA looking for SIC's in the sort of jets you want to fly are not hiring pilots with 300 hours and no jet experience. They require a great deal more experience both in total time and turbine-powered aircraft. With your level of experience, and airlines not hiring, it is highly unlikely you will find a job as an SIC in a turbine in any operation requiring an SIC under any part. You are going to have to find a way to build your flying experience before anyone in the USA will hire you for that sort of work.

New CPL's in this country generally get that experience by working as a flight instructor or flying traffic watch, pipeline patrol, parachute jumpers, etc. However, you may have a lot of trouble getting one of those jobs here unless you have a "green card" allowing you to work in the USA.

All that said, I have no idea what the pilot job market is in Saudi Arabia. You'll have to ask some pilots in your home country about that.

Back