Gulfstream Off Runway at KRHP

Did my PPL checkride in that field, back when it was called Andrews-Murphy and had a different ICAO. Cool approach to the airport, though looking back it was prob a leroy jenkins move on the part of my CFI to send me up there in that clapped out 152 sight unseen for my checkride. Matter of fact, the weather dropped in the afternoon after the checkride was done, and I had to leave the thing behind and hitch a ride back with the CFI and an instrument student in the 172. Scud running and morting on my way back to GA on my first sortie as a licensed pilot would have probably not have been a good look lol. The good ol days of not knowing what I didn't know. Better lucky than good.

Anyways, thanks for the jog through memory lane. I was thinking about flying with the weef this summer to check out the CLT area as we continue looking for a retirement spot. I should stop by and show her where the licensed part of this crazy journey started.

Did my PPL checkride in that field, back when it was called Andrews-Murphy and had a different ICAO. Cool approach to the airport, though looking back it was prob a leroy jenkins move on the part of my CFI to send me up there in that clapped out 152 sight unseen for my checkride. Matter of fact, the weather dropped in the afternoon after the checkride was done, and I had to leave the thing behind and hitch a ride back with the CFI and an instrument student in the 172. Scud running and morting on my way back to GA on my first sortie as a licensed pilot would have probably not have been a good look lol. The good ol days of not knowing what I didn't know. Better lucky than good.

Anyways, thanks for the jog through memory lane. I was thinking about flying with the weef this summer to check out the CLT area as we continue looking for a retirement spot. I should stop by and show her where the licensed part of this crazy journey started.

That’s crazy. Didn’t know you did your PPL ride out of there. I rented a C172 out of there back in the day. These days I’m in and out at least once a month to pick up a patient. It’s a tricky little airport for fixedwing. DA isn’t very high but it’s surrounded by mountains and if you have an engine out or departing on instruments to the east, good luck.

GIV's like to float, and any speed above Vref on touchdown the plane will sail down the runway. Will be interesting to see how far down the runway he touched down.

Am I the only one that thought it was going to be another Honda?

I have a friend that flies G4's, and he said there is no way that airplane was legal to land there 135 unless they were at min fuel, which looking at the weather they shouldn't have been.

I'm sure the pax made it clear that they "had" to get there.....

I have a friend that flies G4's, and he said there is no way that airplane was legal to land there 135 unless they were at min fuel, which looking at the weather they shouldn't have been.

I'm sure the pax made it clear that they "had" to get there.....

FWIW, I ran the numbers as close as I could find, and with a dry runway he was within limits, and even factoring wet he was still within limits (54,000 LW)

But, at that weight he has to be spot on speed and no float. And as a disclaimer, I don't know his actual fuel load or pax/baggage load. But you are correct, he would have had to be light.

FWIW, I ran the numbers as close as I could find, and with a dry runway he was within limits, and even factoring wet he was still within limits (54,000 LW)

But, at that weight he has to be spot on speed and no float. And as a disclaimer, I don't know his actual fuel load or pax/baggage load. But you are correct, he would have had to be light.

Is that with 60% numbers?

From the video, it appears that a lot of debris was flung, flang ... ummm, deposited on top of the wing. If any of that stuff was ingested by the engine, it could prove to have been a very expensive day.
Who is Gabriel Iglesias?

Never heard of him. If he's that famous or that good of comedian you would think he would have said something funny...

Next you guys are going to say Taylor Swift isn't famous. Geez.

I’d give my right arm for Eras Tour tickets.

Seems a lot of the famous folks today are only famous online, which means I will have never heard of them.

That doesn't mean they are not well known to the younger crowd.

Dude, you gotta delete this. It's like evidence. Someone may call your bluff and when you renege they'll get some F. Lee Bailey wanna be and sue your keister.

She’s a powerhouse. A revelation!

I’ve never heard of him, but that doesn’t mean anything. Don Rickles, Johnny Carson, James Gregory… those guys are famous. ;)

I’ve never heard of him, but that doesn’t mean anything. Don Rickles, Johnny Carson, James Gregory… those guys are famous. ;)
Those guys were just Rodney Dangerfield wannabe's. Now he was a comedian!:cheerswine:

I guess I'm really old and out of touch.
Had to "Goggle" Taylor Swift .

Well he was the 2nd highest grossing standup comedian last year. Pretty sure he's famous.

I really like him. For one thing, he is absolutely hilarious, while keeping his act clean. That says a lot in this day and age. I have heard from a couple folks that have actually met him that say he is a genuinely nice guy with a big heart. And he has an amazing Volkswagen bus collection, a few of which he actually drives.

Gabriel Iglesias' Awesome Car Collection | CarBuzz

I'm sad to hear about his plane and I am happy he and all the crew are OK. I have no doubt this incident will end up in one of his acts...I can't wait!

Probably won’t find my girl TS under “Goggle” either.

Back