Gulfstream Down in Nashville

It's an Aero Commander.

I guess Aero Commander was owned by Gulfstream for a few years in the early 80s.

Tough approach .with a lot of hills around airport, may they rest in peace.

Heard a couple guys talking to each other on 122.7 asking about clearances and such right after. One guy mentioned something about an aircraft going missed, and then inquired about a crash. He might have been talking to approach though, because I only heard one side of the conversation. I guess the guy I heard talking couldn't get a clearance into Tune so he diverted to BNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not great VFR, but for an IFR flight ceiling and vis not bad at all. Temp/dew point indicates possible ice.

PIREP reports of moderate ice on the approach. If he shot more than one, which it appears he did, it is possible that he loaded up with ice.

PIREP reports of moderate ice on the approach. If he shot more than one, which it appears he did, it is possible that he loaded up with ice.

Yeah, that will do it even for a FIKI airplane.

Just curious, where you were looking for the past Pireps for the area?

There were a few icing PIREPs around the accident time

BNA UA /OV BNA/TM 2100/FL020/TP BE40/IC LGT RIME 020-030/RM ZME
BNA UA /OV BNA180005/TM 2258/FL025/TP B737/TA M02/IC MOD RIME
BNA UA /OV BNA225010/TM 0035/FL030/TP E135/SK OVC-TOP033/TA M06/IC LGT RIME/RM DURD

There were a few icing PIREPs around the accident time

BNA UA /OV BNA/TM 2100/FL020/TP BE40/IC LGT RIME 020-030/RM ZME
BNA UA /OV BNA180005/TM 2258/FL025/TP B737/TA M02/IC MOD RIME
BNA UA /OV BNA225010/TM 0035/FL030/TP E135/SK OVC-TOP033/TA M06/IC LGT RIME/RM DURD
And the hold for the RY20 approach is over the YMCA, impact location.

Just saw the bags of wreckage from this crash being picked over by the experts at a local airport. Even after decades of flying it is sobering to look at.

Back