Gulfstream down at KATW (no injuries)

"SMALL private jet?" that's small? but yes looks like a gear collapse?

No wonder people think a seneca or a 310/414/anytwinpiston is small... apparently jets are small.

What's a large or medium airplane? 747 and ERJ190??

Last edited:
No wonder people think a seneca or a 310/414/anytwinpiston is small... apparently jets are small.

What's a large or medium airplane? 747 and ERJ190??
I was on an MD80 not too long ago and the people behind me were complaining about being on a small plane.

Small is relative I guess. It's a jet, but I would think a Citation would be a small jet, but a farking GV small? Yeah. I guess compared to a 747.

When I was first told about it, I thought it might be one of the Flight School partners in their Citation. Glad it wasn't, and glad nobody was hurt.

Hmmm...

Landing on runway '29' (6,500') at Outagamie County Regional Airport, Greenville Wisconsin - a Gulfstream GV operating a test flight as flight GLF16 - over ran the runway - collapsed the port main gear - and came to rest in snow and mud in an over-run area. Photos clearly show the starboard thrust bucket open, and the port thrust bucket closed.

Sho'nuff - Asymmetric thrust reverser deployment, and overrun of the runway.

I wonder what the test was?

Either way... I'm gonna speculate (sorry Greg) and say that it could have been that since the #1 engine's thrust reverser didn't deploy, it may have been at a high throttle setting, at least at first, leading to the crew's inability to get the plane stopped on the runway, which is supposedly what caused the MLG collapse.

Do we have any Gulfstream drivers here? What happens when a reverser fails to deploy? Is there a warning? Or is there only a warning when it DOES deploy?

Back