Guess Who's Working On Hammerheads...

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
I got to visit with Kent Shook yesterday at my home airport. Kent had the chance to get a g-fix and did some nice loops and hammerheads. Look for him to be announcing the purchase of an aerobatic airplane any day now. He's hooked!

Thanks for stopping by Kent. As always, I enjoyed the visit.

Chip

Last edited:
gibbons said:
I got to visit with Kent Shook yesterday at my home airport. Kent had the chance to get a g-fix and did some nice loops and hammerheads. Look for him to be announcing the purchase of an aerobatic airplane any day now. He's hooked!

Chip

So, did Dexter just stand around shaking his head in disbelief that anybody would try such a thing? he he he! :hairraise:

Troy Whistman said:
So, did Dexter just stand around shaking his head in disbelief that anybody would try such a thing? he he he! :hairraise:
As a matter of fact... smoking his cigar.

gibbons said:

Chip
That boy has entirely too much fun. :D

Ken Ibold said:
Yeah, reluctantly mine is giving way to a family-sized airplane. :(
No Ken!

You gotta have the sedan AND the sporty two seater.

I didn't sell the Mustang. (Well, it's effectively a two seater.)

You gotta deal with storing and insuring twice as much, but...so?

Last edited:
Ken Ibold said:
Kent needs a Pitts!

Funny, that's exactly what Chip said! :yes:

Of course, after Gaston's I went online to promptly find that there's no way I'm gonna be able to afford an Extra any time soon. I didn't realize how much less expensive a Pitts could be, but I dunno if I want a wing in the way of my view! :D

How much you want for yours, Ken?

mikea said:
No Ken!

You gotta have the sedan AND the sporty two seater.

I didn't sell the Mustang. (Well, it's effectively a two seater.)

You gotta deal with storing and insuring twice as much, but...so?
If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. And 2 airplanes would NOT make mama happy.

flyingcheesehead said:
Funny, that's exactly what Chip said! :yes:

Of course, after Gaston's I went online to promptly find that there's no way I'm gonna be able to afford an Extra any time soon. I didn't realize how much less expensive a Pitts could be, but I dunno if I want a wing in the way of my view! :D

How much you want for yours, Ken?
BTW, the problem we were having turned out to be a bad fuel servo. I pulled the throttle body today and sent it for an overhaul. Since you were onboard for the last flight I figure you owe half. I take PayPal. :D

gibbons said:
BTW, the problem we were having turned out to be a bad fuel servo. I pulled the throttle body today and sent it for an overhaul. Since you were onboard for the last flight I figure you owe half. I take PayPal. :D

Yeah, but you were working the throttle for more than half the flight. ;) And now I need finger surgery from the left rolling moment due to the missing strip. I demand a refund. :D :goofy:

gibbons said:

Heh... I was hooked after Gaston's. Now I'm irrevocably addicted. :yes: Up to 5 G's this time, and I think I pulled more myself than I did last time too.

Folks, anyone who's considering acro training should consider going to Chip. He's made both flights fun, informative, and despite doing some fairly crazy things I've been pretty calm throughout thanks to Chip's constant (and calmly delivered) explanations of what's going on, what to do, etc.

Thank YOU Chip! I enjoyed the visit too. I wish we could have sat around the hangar a bit longer. Pesky job. :rolleyes:

So now I need an airplane. It's gotta have at least four seats, good useful load, 600nm range, 135+ knots, be aerobatic, amphibious, twin-engine so I can go over the lake in the winter, burn no more than 16gph total, cost under 100,000, and have a G1000 panel. :yes: :D :goofy:

Okay, I think I'm gonna need more than one airplane. :dunno:

I'll post more on the flight when I get a chance to type it up in the next couple of days.

flyingcheesehead said:
So now I need an airplane. It's gotta have at least four seats, good useful load, 600nm range, 135+ knots, be aerobatic, amphibious, twin-engine so I can go over the lake in the winter, burn no more than 16gph total, cost under 100,000, and have a G1000 panel. :yes: :D :goofy:

Okay, I think I'm gonna need more than one airplane. :dunno:

Ken's Pitts for fun, and a 185, with floats for the summer, and skis for the winter.

flyingcheesehead said:

Hmm, if we can get that one certified, I'm thinking we'd do pretty well for ourselves.

Bill Jennings said:
Ken's Pitts for fun, and a 185, with floats for the summer, and skis for the winter.

Yes, wheel penetration skis. But I'd also have to hang a pair of O-200's on the wing struts for the lake crossing requirement. :D

flyingcheesehead said:
Yes, wheel penetration skis. But I'd also have to hang a pair of O-200's on the wing struts for the lake crossing requirement. :D
So you'd want skis/floats on this?

Attachments

• Bellanca Lancer.jpg
    Bellanca Lancer.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 18
flyingcheesehead said:

Just put some trolling motors on the back of the amphib floats, and you'll be fine :D

Ken Ibold said:
So you'd want skis/floats on this?

Is that aerobatic? If so, well, yes! :D

That may be the closest airplane to doing "all of the above." Why have I never heard of it before?

flyingcheesehead said:
Is that aerobatic? If so, well, yes! :D

That may be the closest airplane to doing "all of the above." Why have I never heard of it before?
It was a POS.

Actually, I named the file wrong. It's actually the Champion 402 Lancer. Made to be a multiengine trainer. Stunk at it. Pretty much stunk at everything, though 17 remain on the US registry.

yea if you think a seneca I has dismal SE performance, i dont think that champion thing would hold altitude at ANY altitude. It would basically be like having a glider with just a sustainer motor out west. Yes its an engine, no it wont necessarily get you home.

gibbons said:

Chip
That callsign looks fully aerobatic.

Back