Guess who passed their IFR written!

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
Well, it certainly wasn't me. I can't even pass the medical any more.

Congratulations Leslie!
V is for Victory (or is that V-Tail)

attachment.php

Attachments

• vtail half size.jpg
    vtail half size.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 127
They let girls fly planes....:yikes::eek::hairraise:........

Jus kiddin....

Congrats to Leslie...:cheers::cheers:

When she get sto the oral, the written will seem like a piece of cake. :)
But it is the first step to freedom from low OVC or BKN.

Congratulations! How far into the lessons is Leslie? Flying holds and approaches yet? Or preparing for the practical already?

When she get sto the oral, the written will seem like a piece of cake. :)
But it is the first step to freedom from low OVC or BKN.

Congratulations! How far into the lessons is Leslie? Flying holds and approaches yet? Or preparing for the practical already?
She had about 10 hrs of IFR instruction a couple of years ago, but problems with her instructor and with her schedule interrupted the training. She just got back into it last month and completed the King course.

She will resume her practical training as soon as she can get her new instructor scheduled. He is the one that coached her for her Complex/HP rating in the Bonanza. She has almost 700 hours VFR flying with the great majority of it cross countries to many different airports in many different states. She hand flew (no AP) from Florida across the Rockies to PHX, so I think she is well prepared for the leap to IFR. But she is disappointed that she only made an 88 or the written.

10 hours of instruction goes a long way. I am sure she will pick it back up quickly, it is like riding a bicycle.
And especially if y'all fly your own airplane and have so much "hand time" in it, that matters a lot because you can easily hand fly under the hood since you have the touch.

With 700 VFR hours and good experience under her belt, she should blow through the instrument training in no time.
And tell Leslie that 88 on the written is nothing to be ashamed of. Many of us got dumb questions with even dumber answers, some of us got the impossible endurance questions with blurred performance graphs and answers 2% apart, some of us got caught by surprise by other questions and have already re-read the offending chapters.
She didn't fail and what she didn't answer right offers a great chance for extra study.

Again, congratulations to Leslie and tell her to have fun under the hood because I sure am having a ton! :)

Thanks,
I'll pass that on to her. She will appreciate it.
10 hours of instruction goes a long way. I am sure she will pick it back up quickly, it is like riding a bicycle.
And especially if y'all fly your own airplane and have so much "hand time" in it, that matters a lot because you can easily hand fly under the hood since you have the touch.

With 700 VFR hours and good experience under her belt, she should blow through the instrument training in no time.
And tell Leslie that 88 on the written is nothing to be ashamed of. Many of us got dumb questions with even dumber answers, some of us got the impossible endurance questions with blurred performance graphs and answers 2% apart, some of us got caught by surprise by other questions and have already re-read the offending chapters.
She didn't fail and what she didn't answer right offers a great chance for extra study.

Again, congratulations to Leslie and tell her to have fun under the hood because I sure am having a ton! :)

That was funny and depressing all at the same time.
Thanks for saying that, but I got over that disappointment nearly 35 years ago.

But about 7 years ago when Leslie (at age 53) decided that she would like to learn to fly, that was like me starting over again. I was quite involved with her training. When she got her ppl and we bought the 172, it was a dream come true and I realized I was closer to being a pilot again than 99% of the population. With her hours and now being on her way to her IR, she is way ahead of where I ever was, but I get to enjoy the benefits 'almost' as much as if I was still in the left seat. And I bet I can fly from the right seat better than most non-CFIs! :D

Back