Guess I have a penchant for hard work

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Well...a little under a month removed from my PPL, and tomorrow, I start my IR training.

I figured that if I'm flying, I might as well work towards something. I feel like I'm starting all over tho - I have no idea what to expect tomorrow.

NickDBrennan said:
Well...a little under a month removed from my PPL, and tomorrow, I start my IR training.

I figured that if I'm flying, I might as well work towards something. I feel like I'm starting all over tho - I have no idea what to expect tomorrow.

Good for you! Keep us posted on your progress!

NickDBrennan said:

Expect basic maneuvers under the hood - straight and level, turns, climbs and descents, and mixes of them.

And then expect for your brain to start hurting. :)

Enjoy!

Just a note of encouragement.

Actual IMC is easier than flying with foggles. (well, if it's not turbulent or windy and no icing anyway)

NickDBrennan said:

Good on ya!

NickDBrennan said:
I have no idea what to expect tomorrow.

That's OK for the first lesson, but your instructor should provide you with a syllabus for the whole course at that time.

NickDBrennan said:
I have no idea what to expect tomorrow.

If you're training is anything like mine, you can expect that as soon as you feel marginally competent at whatever you're doing, the CFII will pile on a few more things to work on.

lancefisher said:
If you're training is anything like mine, you can expect that as soon as you feel marginally competent at whatever you're doing, the CFII will pile on a few more things to work on.

And take away most of the equipment that you need to do the flying, i.e. DG, GPS, one nav, both navs, the AI, etc...

That's when the training gets really fun and challenging.

Jim G

Back