GTX 345 / GMX200

If all you need is the W, why not pay $3,500 to upgrade rather than (optimistically) $7,000 for a GTN installed (after selling the old 430 to some sucker like me)

You have not yet articulated any feature of the GTN series. You just spew the 'support' mantra. And added the death blow to your own argument by saying You won't gain a lot going to a GTN.

Has nothing to do with the system. It's the hardware we are chatting about.
The systems are the hardware and the software they use. No need for you to continue to be obtuse on this.

If all you need is the W, why not pay $3,500 to upgrade rather than (optimistically) $7,000 for a GTN installed (after selling the old 430 to some sucker like me)

You have not yet articulated any feature of the GTN series. You just spew the 'support' mantra. And added the death blow to your own argument by saying You won't gain a lot going to a GTN.

Alright....it's clear you both lack any foresight. The argument really wasn't about either of you anyway. Enjoy your legacy gear.

I just hope the OP sees through your smoke screen and makes the right choice spending his money.

Merry Christmas.

One thing you can do with a WAAS box that you can't with a non-WAAS is feed the GPS needed by the ADSB transponder. You'll already have the WAAS antenna, receiver etc. Without it your ADSB box is going to need a new antenna or two and its own WAAS receiver etc.

Last edited:
"........

Last edited:
I recently installed a GTX 345 with a pre-existing GMX-200 in my Arrow. Overall, I like the setup. The traffic show us on the map displays and also a dedicated "traffic" display that has a graphic or textual description of the traffic.

The weather radar display only shows on the "FIS" page. I wish it displayed TFR's also.

On the iPad, with Foreflight, all features function normally and display.

Eric

hi all,

I am looking to get ads-b compliant and was wondering if anyone has experience with the gtx 345 and gmx 200 working together. I have a 530 non waas and the gmx 200 currently installed, will the gtx 345 w/gps be able to display traffic/weather etc directly to the gmx 200 without being integrated to the 530? Or will the 530 need to be upgraded to waas as well? I read the non waas 530s will not play nice with the 345. The gmx 200 gets its source from the 530 and I'm not sure how things will play with the gmx getting data from a waas source and a non waas source.

I think it would be cheaper to pay more for the 345 with gps than upgrading the 530 to waas and getting the 345 w/o gps.

The answer to your question depends on what transponder you currently have. That is, if you don't have a transponder that can be upgraded to ES like the GTX-330 or 33 then the GTX-345 w/ GPS is an ideal solution. Obviously, if you do have a transponder that can be upgraded to ES, then I would recommend getting the WAAS upgrade on your 530 and then connecting it to the MFD for traffic/weather assuming that your GMX 200 has the traffic/weather software. Lastly, you will most likely need to update the software in your GMX to accommodate all this.

Back