GTX 335 & the FAA

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Two questions -

1) Here I sit, with the 335 installed and having problems with the FAA's website requesting verification of performance. Down the form, after selecting Garmin GTX 335/335R, it asks for the GPS source. Since I have no other GPS, I bought the version with internal GPS. But there's no option for this.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2) Reading the 113 page spec for the rebate (guaranteed to cure insomnia) I still can't figure out where to go. The closest Class C is 50 nm away. 10K MSL in Class E aint no big deal because I start to 5500 MSL. But is there another option? Since I live under the 30 nm Mode C veil of Denver, can I just head out to the outer ring to stay away from commercial traffic and hang out at 7500 MSL? Truly baffling.

Under ADS-B OUT Position Source Configuration, select Internal, Internal. For the second GPS, select Not Installed. These selections really don't have anything to do with the test or the results, but I'd imagine the FAA collects the data to determine what works well and what doesn't. Also, you can add a comment in the "Enter Configuration Notes" to the state that you are using the 335 with a GPS source built in.

Under ADS-B OUT Position Source Configuration, select Internal, Internal. For the second GPS, select Not Installed. These selections really don't have anything to do with the test or the results, but I'd imagine the FAA collects the data to determine what works well and what doesn't. Also, you can add a comment in the "Enter Configuration Notes" to the state that you are using the 335 with a GPS source built in.
aHA! That's the problem...I selected Garmin, not internal.

Back