GTR 200 Help Needed

farmrjohn

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
farmrjohn
I have a single GTR 200 installed. It has started to have an issue with receiving transmissions. That is, if I transmit to a ground station, their initial reply come back at approximately 1/2 volume and only in the left speaker cup. After a couple of seconds it goes back to normal volume and both speaker cups. That happens only in response to my transmission. Other times calls are received at normal volume and in both speakers. I tried cycling the monitor button to no avail. I also called Garmin support but since the radio is installed in a certificated airplane they said take it to a dealer.

On a related note, I checked to software and it is out of date: version 2.50. I see the update on their website. Is there a way to format the micro SD card with a Mac? Tech support said a software update could help the above issue.

SD cards are usually formatted MS-DOS/FAT. Disk Utility can do that.

Thanks, I may have not been accurate by using "format". The Garmin support tech said the update is a .exe file that goes onto the SD card, so I guess I would need to execute the .exe on the Mac first.

That's trickier. Requires a Windows install in a VM, probably. Probably easier to find a friend with a Windows PC you could use.

Bump. Would an issue with the PTT wiring cause the reduced volume/cut out of one headset speaker? It is now doing it at random times, not just after transmitting.

Update-I used the headset and mike switch from the passenger side and all was normal. However, I didn't not swap headsets and will try that next. Both headsets are the same make and model, non-noise reducing style.

Back