GTN 750/650 and Meggitt's Magic EFIS system

c310rdriver

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
c310rdriver
Having problems with this upgrade. Has anyone else installed the GTN series with an existing Meggitt's Magic EFIS? If so, did you have a problem configuring the CDI selection (GPS/VLOC) on the GTN?

Thanks

Let me be the first to say.... Meggitt what??? First I have heard of this product.

Any additional info or links for the curious?

Let me be the first to say.... Meggitt what??? First I have heard of this product.

Any additional info or links for the curious?

I am new to the forum so I cant post links yet. So......The Meggitt's Magic system was developed by S-tec when they were a part of Meggitts (A british aerospace/avionics company I think). It was designed primarily for the twin turbo prop upgrade market. It was STC'd for Conquests, Meridians, Commanders and maybe some others. It consisted of a primary display, nav display, ADHARS and what became the S-tec 2100 (now Genesis Intelliflight 2100 autopilot) and associated autopilot hw. I think it was available between 2002 and 2010 roughly. I believe the system got orphaned during all the sales of Stec and Cobham. Even though the "system" went away, the autopilot is still in production and is a great digital autopilot.

Just a few more posts (such as a 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. LINKS!!!! count down) will get you the ability to do links...

Meanwhile, paging some of our well known Twin Drivers!!! @Ted DuPuis and @N747JB to the white courtesy phone!

PS. Welcome to Pilots of America!

Just a few more posts (such as a 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. LINKS!!!! count down) will get you the ability to do links...

Meanwhile, paging some of our well known Twin Drivers!!! @Ted DuPuis and @N747JB to the white courtesy phone!

PS. Welcome to Pilots of America!
I have no idea! I haven't heard a lot of positives about the Majic system, and I have a G600 and previously had an Aspen. :D

Back